cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnaa
Advisor

Children routinely tortured in Israeli prison

link to haaretz.com

“The significance of the disengagement plan is the freezing of the peace process,” Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s senior adviser Dov Weisglass has told Haaretz. “And when you freeze that process, you prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state, and you prevent a discussion on the refugees, the borders and Jerusalem. Effectively, this whole package called the Palestinian state, with all that it entails, has been removed indefinitely from our agenda. And all this with authority and permission. All with a presidential blessing and the ratification of both houses of Congress.”

Targeting teenagers for ritual humiliation – this reminds me of an article I read last Sunday in the NZZ about Guantanamo. The aim is to break people. The empire must destroy them.  Break their spirit so Jews can pretend they own the place.

And this is what the Jewish State is. It is a state that tortures young kids. Employs  people whose job is to traumatise Palestinians for life so they will never forget that the land belongs to the Jewish people. And to them only.   And it’s a very complex system that makes this possible . The education business in Israel is built around delivering people who can operate this. 

I had an arabic teacher in Bir Zeit who was tortured by the Israelis for 2 years. He said that one day they’ll realise that they have built a dysfunctional society around their own fear of the world.

And this is at the heart of Jewish identity? Do Jews identify with this?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/22/palestinian-children-detained-jail-israel?newsfeed=true

4 Replies
man of steel
Senior Contributor

Re: Children routinely tortured in Israeli prison

The boy breaks down in tears, saying he was due to take an exam at school that morning. "They're going to fail me, I'm going to lose the year," he sobs.

He won't be able to be a suicide bomber this year? How sad!

Hawken Cougar
Senior Contributor

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Children routinely tortured in Israeli prison

Let's interview the kids in prison in this country and ask them how they are treated.

johnaa
Advisor

Re: Satire with a ring of truth?

Here is a racist video you will love comparable to the race baiting of the 1930's.    Black face even, targeting non-white Jewish citizens  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0ngGtg1OPk&feature=player_embedded