cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

China, Christians and Catholics

Starting to wonder, where do we normal people seek refuge.

The pope acquiesces to Communist Chinese demands and attacks capitalism. 

http://www.vnews.rs/index.php?option=btg_novosti&catnovosti=3&idnovost=3402#.XW0Bvi5KiiQ

"Pope Francis has urged the people of Latin America to stand up to the world's capitalist system and change the world economic order by creating a “truly communitarian economy” based on distribution of goods among all."

&

https://spectator.org/deal-with-the-devil-vatican-caves-to-chinas-demands-on-bishop-appointments/

pope with communist symbol and crucifixion

19 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: China, Christians and Catholics

I have what could be called a crisis of belief.

Each Sunday we recite, "God is good" and then the minister says "God is good" and we reply "all the time."

I wonder how good can murder people with a flood.  I wonder how powerful a God can be that doesn't heal. 

Is a loving God a loving God if you ask for healing and he doesn't heal?  There's so much talk about God loving us but would a loving God allow you to suffer for months or years when you have begged for healing? 

The second possibility is that God doesn't have that much power, that he can't heal. 

Third possibility is he really isn't involved in each of our lives.

To put is succinctly

1. Doesn't care

2. Doesn't have power

3. Doesn't have involvement in each of us

Senior Advisor

John 3:16 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Senior Contributor

wehav, you missed the one point that should be foremost in those considerations

1) there are no gods

Senior Advisor

You made  statement of fact. Now prove your statement.

Advisor

we have, there is a series of movies out of which the first is the best. "God's Not Dead" that tries to answer some of your questions.

A college professor (played by the actor Kevin Sorbo), brought up as a Christian, loses his faith when his mother dies a painful death from cancer, and finds his faith back because of events and people that don't give up on him.

People struggle with those questions all the time, Bertrand Russell had a short book called "Why I am not a Christian" that attempts to logically answer why Christianity isn't the answer for him. His arguments are easily refuted, but he puts them out there.

My own late father died a painful death from cancer but never lost his faith and taught the ones around him that sometimes you accept suffering as part of life. 

Hope you find the answers you need.

Advisor

this one obviously is a "fake pope". Doesn't seem to be much Christian about his ideas...does he even have a clue about communism and totalitarian governments?

Honored Advisor

The wages of sin is death and we are ALL sinners deserving of death.  When you vote (even for Republicans sometimes), you sin, when you pay your taxes and the money indirectly goes to unjust wars you sin, when things are on fire morally and you remain silent (to be nice) you sin, when you look at hot women with lust in your heart (guilty!) you/I sin  Smiley Happy

If you become Christian and God helps you win the lottery, cures your cancer, improves your eye sight ect ect how would God know if you love Him or if you`re just another Liberal Democrat jumping on the bandwagon with the most free stuff?   This is a test, our 70, 80, 90 years on this big blue marble and sometimes those of us with the most "blessings" are tested the hardest and those of us seemingly having to overcome the most obstacles  will be the most Blessed in eternity, remember Job.

See, Jesus said "I knew you before you were in the womb". During the first earth age, satan rebeled and many of us followed him, it was known as the "Katabole".  Perhaps our time on earth is to give us a chance to make up for our rebellion? 

https://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/katabole.html 

Advisor

I guess like the 98% of American Catholics who practice artificial birth control, nobody listens to him anyway.

Except when he's handing the gold stars out to baby savers.

Senior Contributor

You are correct and my mistake I missed the word 'proven' in my post.

It would of course be very hard to prove a god is absolutely not a thing since there are so many different ideas of just what a god is.  Just as if I claimed there was a leprechaun in my back yard you could never prove it was not true since I would only claim it was away visiting when you looked or it was in the other corner and switched sides when you checked the second corner.

So i will continue to wait for evidence before I accept that any gods exist.

Just believing is not a good way to live in reality.