cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Chinese Spies

The idea of patents and copyrights is a concept of western culture.  China, with it's tradition of Confucianism which put the family and respect for authority above the individual, never had much of a concept of patents or copyrights on individual thought or effort.

Why should the Chinese think it is stealing to use someone else's idea if they don't believe in patents in the first place?

This might explain the cultural bias for some eastern cultures to appear or be alleged to be copiers rather than inventors and stealers of others ideas rather than developers of their own.

5 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Chinese Spies

When a kid does not think he is doing wrong, he goes to the cookie jar in front of his mother, opens the cookie jar and takes a cookie.  

When a kid knows he is doing wrong, he waits till his mother is gone and sneaks into the kitchen and quietly opens the cookie jar so as to not be discovered.  

The Chinese Cabal have gone to great lengths to quietly open the cookie jar, take the cookie and then re-sell it as their own to the world. 

An attempt to explain this away will fall on it's face.  

Honored Advisor

No the "parents" in your anecdote are the elite factory owners, movers & shakers whose only loyalty is to THEIR bottomline and none to the United States. The "kids" have openly stolen so many cookies right under the disinterested parent`s eyes that now when a strict guardian "Trump" is in change and puts the cookie jar on the unreachable top shelf the kids start to cry when they no longer freely take 4,000 calories in cookies out with their grubby fingers each day.  And there`s squealing, like "wah! I don`t want to pay more for tires!  Wah! I want 50 cents more for my beans!".

We let China build a business model on screwing the United States and that squealing is weakness leaving the body.  We`re the dog that`s happy chewing on our severed tail bone after someone else ate the meat. 

Senior Contributor

Yes, I completely agree that the power structure of the world is not the same for all and that there are multi-national corporations see themselves as something above the nation states.  And that their loyalty is to the bottom line, and control.  

This video isn't far from reality for many multinational corporations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxiT30N6ti4

And yes we have had people in government sell them our intellectual property as well, and leave back doors open- think homebrew servers.  

And no, the "parents" I alluded to are the US tech industries that are being robbed of profits.  The tech industries that spend the money to develop the technology but then Chinese nationals steal.  The technology is sold into the world market without the cost of research and development.  And OUR tech companies are then not able to recover their costs.  

There are many moving parts.  These are not the globalists that would transfer tech through themselves.  Google for instance.  

I'm speaking of US tech intellectual property.  The Chinese people that have been sent abroad to take this technology by covert means know what they are doing.  They know this is theft- they know that there are criminal repercussions if caught.  Does their government condone it?  Yes and often times coerce it.  Why would they have to coerce it, it the people didn't know it to be wrong?

Honored Advisor

Well duh......there have been factory tours for foreign groups of people for decades.....all with cameras.    What could they possibly glean from all those pictures?   Smiley Wink

Honored Advisor

I think the big industrial secret was, move factory to China, pay $2 a day instead of $20/hr, no pension, no OSHA, no unemployment, no workmans comp.  Plus pour the waste into the river, with no EPA looking over their shoulder, force US partnering company to disclose all their corporate patients ....no wonder they froth at the mouth and throw furniture around when that gravy boat is threatened. And some of the idiots in this country parrot "no winners in a trade war!  Smoot-Hawley started the Great Depression!".