cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Church Contributions

I don't expect anything from you. You need not read any of my posts nor reply to them. It's you that wanted to make a peeing contest out of a differing opinion. 

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Why do you keep pointing that out. I don't beleive every dollar belongs to the government. Never have I said so. However the tax code has been fine tuned to give certain types of people special rates and special schemes for tax deductability. The fact is all those incentives are cheating the treasury from needed revenues.

I'll just bet you if your state gave aproperty tax exemption and denied you the same consideration, you would be agitated about that. Thus when you deduct church donations and I can't then we are hardly being treated the same  by the tax code. You could retort that there is nothing stopping me from dOnating to a church. Which means of course I would have to support a cult that I don't beleieve in to qualify.

Just because someones people to pay their share, that doesn't mean anyone thinks all revenues belong to the government. Once again you use outrqageous exaggeration to win a political point. The truth is such a comment is idiotic.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

However the tax code has been fine tuned to give certain types of people special rates and special schemes for tax deductability. The fact is all those incentives are cheating the treasury from needed revenues.

The people keeping their own money is some how cheating the government? The money belongs to the people. You are trying to come up with more ways to take it from them and give it to the government.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@rawhide wrote:

---murder is against the law or thou shall not kill

as you can clearly see a lot of our laws are based on religious beliefs so in your mind is murder a "state" or religious law?

by the way i will defend your right to believe whichever way you choose.

You should study history a little more.

There were rules against murder, as well as a number of other things, a long time before the christian religion existed.

And yes now you will say it started with the jewish religion but look again and you will find those rules in different societies and cultures in all parts of the world.

And of course studies indicate that the jewish religion with 1 god is an off shoot or copy of a religion in what is now India which believed in 1 god before the jews began showing up in the history record.

Now you can claim that religion played a part in those rules as indicated in Chinese rules under confusianism, budhism etc. but did the religions really create the rules or did they just encourage rules that any group of humans living together needed to keep the group together.

I think it is a mistake to think your relgion, whatever one you 'believe' in, is the sole reason for the rules that a society needs and uses to keep order.