cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Citizens United

Willful Ignorance:

The practice or act of intentional and blatant avoidance, disregard or disagreement with facts, empirical evidence and well-founded arguments to forward a hidden agenda.

This practice is most commonly found in the political ideologies of "Liberal" Amercian Politicians. For example:

President Obama's clever use of willful ignorance of the truth surrounding illegal arms trade, cause him to urge the Senate to ratify a treaty of registration of legally acquired firearms even though legally acquired guns have nothing to do with the illegal arms trade.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hildabeast is going to be in the slammer by then. Your people better come up with someone better than the crop you have now or it is you that will be babbling.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Perhaps you should try some laxatives.  You are so full of horse manure I can smell you from here!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Is it fun to dream? LOL!! Because that is all you've got, pal. But in the case you were right, none of the numbskulls on your side can beat a Democrat this year. You should memorize this.

WILLFUL IGNORANCE
(noun)
The practice or act of intentional and blatant avoidance, disregard or disagreement with facts, empirical evidence and well-founded arguments because they oppose or contradict your own existing personal beliefs.

This practice is most commonly found in the political or religious ideologies of "conservative" Americans. ...

Many times it is practiced due to laziness--people not wanting to have to do the work to rethink their opinions, the fear of the unknown, the fear of being wrong, or sometimes simply close-mindedness.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You and the 20 can stick this in your pipe and smoke it real long and hard, Craigo! Every thing you believe has been a lie, perpatrated by the bigots and racists in your party! They were wrong, you are wrong, live with it!

http://fortune.com/2012/06/27/the-truth-about-the-fast-and-furious-scandal/

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My last post, Brian, just administered them for him!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

If Trump is the best the republicans/teapublicans have to offer, your in for a nasty surprise in November, nasty!! LOL!! It's going to be hilarious to see Trump after the licking he's going to take, it's going to be in his words, UNBALABABBLE!

Trump isn't a republican. The republicans hate him more than you do.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

How may I ask you, can you hate a man who gives you so much pleasure?? He's the biggest clown in America. If he's not a Republican, he must be a facist then.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Everyone has free speech

Say what ever you want as long as you want. You have the right to free speech but you don't have the right to a large audience. What the Citizens United  decision did was to give those with the most money the loudest voice in America. Thus they can rent or buy the largest megaphone in all of america. Access to all media types at any expense.

The big tragedy is that they allow the loudest voice to be a negative voice and there seems to be no limits to what they say. Thus one side is a victim to others because they do not require honesty and the target doesn't have the funds to rebut what has been said.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Everyone has free speech

You have a right to the size of audience that will listen to you...and that is only "listen", to get them to agree with you costs more.   I`ll watch farm shows like USFR or Hefty Brothers or Corn College and the farm ads are numerous you`ll see the same one`s 5 times an hour week after week for months, but I still can`t associate the product with those ads.  One i`ve seen 100 times is a arial picture of a neat farm and the farmer coming in and playing with his 2 cute kids on the carpet...but all that registers with me is his hot wife in shorts on the sofa that you see for 1/2 of a second.  i`ve probably seen a half an hour of that commercial, but the gal in shorts on the sofa is all I remember..not a clue about the product...some fungicide maybe?

I don`t mind free speech if a group pays for the tv time, I think people these days are sophisticated enough to tune out bull crap.  It seems the ads always have out of context clips and double speak that is easily seen through.  My problem is the people that read the news are given a really free platform to editorialize and give their opinion.  And someone like George Stephanopolous can moderate a Republican debate and set land mines for the Republican and throw softballs to the Democrat.

I think the liberal opposition to the Pac ads go way back to John Kerry being "swift boated"  and maybe by to Bush #41 using "Willie Horton".