cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Climate change reporting exposed

Sam, to me the funny part is government hiring journalist to print the versions that will grant them more power. The sad part is the people who believe what the government hired journalist report.

Samnospam
Advisor

When are you Canadians going to stop ruining the world with all that oil sand cooking, mining and clear cutting?   

Flying over the bush up there, clear cuts for miles.  With you guys destroying all the plants where is the extra co2 going to go?  

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@Samnospam wrote:

When are you Canadians going to stop ruining the world with all that oil sand cooking, mining and clear cutting?   

Flying over the bush up there, clear cuts for miles.  With you guys destroying all the plants where is the extra co2 going to go?  

I do not know all the details of what amount of CO2 is released from that but understand it is a lot compared to other oil sources.

Unfortunately 39% of the voters in Canada voted for a Conservative candidate in the last election and elected a majority of Conservative MPs so our federal government is controlled by Stphen Harper who happens to 'believe' a god created the everything and gave man the right to do what they like with it.

He also is all for capitalism and companies making lots of money so we are unlikely to get any controls on it more than we already have.

Besides there seems to be a good market for it and it s not the cheapest oil or the easiest to refine as I understand so I guess the CO2 will just keep going into the atmosphere and the oceans where all the rest that is released goes.

The real answer is for us to use less oil and find a cleaner source of energy.

WCMO
Senior Advisor

Re: Climate change scientific articles reviewed by peers....

Not disagreeing, yet there is a substantial difference between "humans have contributed to climate change" and "humans have caused climate change".

For example, every time I piss into a stream I contribute to potential flooding downstream, yet I do not cause the flooding downstream.