cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TuffyF
Senior Contributor

Re: Clint Eastwood

I think what happened here is the democrats changed the meaning of the word vulgar. They've got a habit of changing the meaning of words without telling us. Like how they changed the meaning of the word mine, to mean everyone's. Or how they change the meaning of the word work to mean anything that involves breathing. Now mind you, this is coming from the same group of people who think a crucifix dipped in urine is art. I'm guessing, vulgar must be something pretty dog gone good. In fact, if Obama can get the Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing , this has got to be at least an Emmy nomination.
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Democrats are the only ones who ever retire??  You really are a waste of air.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Someone got a You tube link to the speech so I can see what the fuss is all about.

Clint has made the progression from actor to producer and director pretty seamlessly.....I have to give him credit for keeping going and really making some great movies late in his life.

Reading the replies below makes me think that Clint must have nailed something about Obama  that everyone thinks but not all say. The reaction seems pretty strong.

Clint is close to two decades older than "Plug" biden, but I would still put my money with Clint in any game of skill or intellect. And Clint is NOT a heartbeaat from the presidency.  Some guys hang unto their marbles for a long time, and some never had many to start out with.

johnaa
Advisor

Re: Clint Eastwood link

johnaa
Advisor

I've read a few articles which mentions the speech.  Seems he was ad libbing, he may just be searching for words and trying to think of how he could keep what ever commitments he made to put in a few party  lines and also say what was on his mind.  The bit with the chair was not on script and I think he was speaking to Oromney as well in a few instances, like bringing the troops home tomorrow, and closing Getmo, which isn't part of Oromney's plans.  You need to keep in mind Eastwood is anti-war.   http://lewrockwell.com/yk/clint-eastwood-bring-troops-home.html

Ron Paul was interviewed by Bloomberg and he mentioned how Eastwoods speech did not please the ziocons.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You don't see anything vulgar about him saying "tell him to what to himself?  A man can't do that to himself."  Even Miss annie knew what he was saying between the lines.  It was vulgar and very undignified.  Yes, he's 82 and pro bably feels that he can say anything he wants wherever he wants.  I thought it was in very bad taste but if you want to defend him , go right ahead.  I don't think you have much class either.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Any time we went to his bar, Hog's Breath Inn, in Carmel, CA, and he was there (usually Monday thru Friday) he would always sit and share a drink and talk for awhile.  He treated GIs very well.  However, during his little 6 mins that lasted 12 rant, he was much less that gracious.  A stand-up comedian he is not.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

We are not holding it against you. Not everyone is born with marbles. I applaud your effort to make do without.

johnaa
Advisor

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/clint-eastwood-shoots-from-the-hip-at-gop-convention--...

Moments before Clint Eastwood approached the lectern at the Republican National Convention on Thursday night, he asked a stagehand to get him a chair.

Senior campaign aides said Friday that the unscripted routine by the actor-director — was something of a surprise

Inside the Tampa convention hall, the crowd roared with delight at Eastwood’s humor. But as Thursday night turned into Friday, Twitter and talking heads piled on the mockery, some claiming Eastwood had managed to upstage and undercut the Republican nominee’s acceptance speech. Ann Romney coolly deemed the actor’s performance “unique” Friday on “CBS This Morning.” I didn’t know it was coming,” she said with a nervous laugh.

Don’t look for Eastwood on the campaign trail this fall. His longtime manager said Friday that the star was traveling back from Florida and unavailable for interview requests or comments — and that hewill not speak to the press at all until he hits the promotional circuit for his next movie, “Trouble With the Curve,” opening Sept. 21.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Thanks for posting that, John

it MADE MY DAY. hahahahaha

Ok, Clint is not a dynamic young man anymore, but I thought that his speech and tactics were spot on.

"If someone fails to do the job you hired them to do, you fire them"

And speaking to an empty chair....ingenius.

I can see how the left got agitated, and also could see a lot of righties looking a little squeamish at what he said about the wars, but again, Clint was spot on.

Kudos, Mr. Eastwood. A job well done.