cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Cold Weather

Quite a stretch of record cold weather, most of KS is -10 to -20 overnight.  Many places smashed the overnight record low's and will do the same today (record low high & 40-50 degrees below normal) and again tonight, fortunately only light wind this morning.  10 days into this very cold stretch with 2-3 days to go.

10 Replies
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Re: Cold Weather

Propane tank goes down much faster when the furnace seems to be running 95% of the time.

r3020
Senior Advisor

I see where about 1/2 of Texas windmills are froze. When it is a matter of life and death green energy is not there.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(I see where about 1/2 of Texas windmills are froze. When it is a matter of life and death green energy is not there.)

Headline:  Total collapse of wind & solar output leaves freezing germans desperate for coal-fired power.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

The progs want to change transportation fleet over to electric while at the same time cratering electric production.  It's going to go sooo well.

cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

I hope that all those global warming taxing schemers will stick their wagging tongues on a steel pipe, outside, this week. 

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Coal fired plants also having problems.  Alert went out last night that they were having problems with the smoke stacks freezing up.

But i have not heard of natural gas pipelines and wells freezing up before.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Up here our peaker turbines have backup fuel oil supplies because gas pressure does sometimes drop with extreme cold events.

And the windmills have the anti-icing package.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I imagine Sam is very happy to be paying a tax to keep those OH nukes running.

And the GQPers who took the massive bribes were just doing God's work.

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

Up here our peaker turbines have backup fuel oil supplies because gas pressure does sometimes drop with extreme cold events.

And the windmills have the anti-icing package.

What a brilliant idea and you fools want to eliminate all oil production. No one can say with a straight face that any Dem has a brain.