cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Colin Powell rambles on

http://kdvr.com/2013/01/21/colin-powell-slams-gop-says-it-has-developed-dark-vein-of-intolerance/

Not to say that all he talks about is balderdash.....Everyone should know by now that Sarah Palin is a fluke, just like Sandra Fluke on the left was. Who even heard what Sarah said about Obama's "shuck and jive" until Colin brought it to national attention just now?

I do agree that racism is alive and well in the Republican party and if the GOP doesn't address that soon, it has no future as whites become a minority in America.

But saying that he knows a lot of Blacks that are over taxed, and need additional help is one of the screwiest statements ever. He must be quoted out of context.

Or the guy is just plain dumb....I have heard that you don't advance in the Military by thinking for yourself and being intelligent.

19 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Colin Powell rambles on

Hey Red, I think Powell supports 0bama because of race, pure and simple.  Just like many of us rooted for Tex Cobb against Larry Holmes as the "Great White Hope" 30 some yrs ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZROK-t5Pmo    Cobb beat the hell out of Larry Holmes hands using his face Smiley Very Happy   race is a factor.   "racist" is one of those terms that everyone has a different definition of, liberals probably won`t comment because they are happy with the mainstream(Chris Mathews) `a racist is anyone that does not agree 100% with 0bama`.  But when we allowed liberals to take control over the language, we can no longer discuss things intelligently.  Like the fact is if you go into some rough areas of Detroit, you will get beaten up and your attackers will be Black, also the good samaritan that finds you on the sidewalk and calls an ambulance will also be Black, the EMTs will probably be Black and at the hospital the Doctor and Nurses will be Black, but to discuss the fact why a person is in that hospital in the first place makes it a taboo subject.  We have Jamie Fox and Kanye West and Spike Lee saying all sorts of racist things with impunity and are celebrated, invited to the White House ball. The media has successfully made and image of Mitt Romney lighting cigars with a $100 bill, snapping his fingers at a poor Black busboy the poster image of a racist.  While in truth the Democrat party has successfully broken the Black family, the Black father is gone and the government has taken his place...that is sad and I`m very angry about that.  If a person can watch a episode of "Good Times" that is a fictional portrayal of Black life 35ys ago. On that show it was a tight family, working doing the best they could while keeping their morals, today a show like that would fail because it`s too niave and probably would be called "racist".  

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Colin Powell rambles on

I agree that images play a big part, and to his credit, Barack Obama appears to be a great family man and a good role model in that respect for America, black or white.

When you have a TV network wanting to run a program about a rapper and his 11 kids from ten different mothers, you know you have some huge problems in America.

Celebrating specimens like that instead of jailing them just contributes to the slide down the slope.

johnaa
Advisor

De Con blathers on

"racist" is one of those terms that everyone has a different definition of,"--"we can no longer discuss things intelligently."  You have other reason you can't discuss thing intelligently, for instance creating straw men.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: De Con blathers on

And you think that anyone that believes that Israel has a right to exist is a "racist"...see everyone has their own personal defintion of racism.

johnaa
Advisor

Another straw man-- "you think that anyone that believes that Israel has a right to exist is a "racist".      

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_argument 

snip--The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern of argument:

1. Person 1 has position X.
  2. Person 2 disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially similar position Y.The position Y is a distorted version of X and can be set up in several ways, including:
    1. Presenting a misrepresentation of the opponent's position.
    2. Quoting an opponent's words out of context—i.e., choosing quotations that misrepresent the opponent's actual intentions (see fallacy of quoting out of context).[4]
    3. Presenting someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, then refuting that person's arguments—thus giving the appearance that every upholder of that position (and thus the position itself) has been defeated.[3]
    4. Inventing a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs which are then criticized, implying that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
    5. Oversimplifying an opponent's argument, then attacking this oversimplified version.

Straw man fallacies are lies.  But I'm certain you have your own liberal redefinition of lie.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Defeating a "strawman" is easy, John.

Be open and honest like the "Deacon" is.  For example why don`t you tell us what YOUR definition of what a racist is?   Do you support Israel`s right to exist as they are?  If not, what should happen in Israel that would make you happy?   Now those aren`t too difficult questions to answer are they?  But...I have a feeling that you won`t answer them and I will get called names...and why that is I don`t know, it seems like it would be a heap lot easier to just answer the damned questions and be done with it.  Or are you afraid the answers that you would give would scare the women and small children?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@johnaa wrote:

Another straw man-- "you think that anyone that believes that Israel has a right to exist is a "racist".      

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_argument 

snip--The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern of argument:

1. Person 1 has position X.
  2. Person 2 disregards certain key points of X and instead presents the superficially similar position Y.The position Y is a distorted version of X and can be set up in several ways, including:
    1. Presenting a misrepresentation of the opponent's position.
    2. Quoting an opponent's words out of context—i.e., choosing quotations that misrepresent the opponent's actual intentions (see fallacy of quoting out of context).[4]
    3. Presenting someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, then refuting that person's arguments—thus giving the appearance that every upholder of that position (and thus the position itself) has been defeated.[3]
    4. Inventing a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs which are then criticized, implying that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
    5. Oversimplifying an opponent's argument, then attacking this oversimplified version.

Straw man fallacies are lies.  But I'm certain you have your own liberal redefinition of lie.

Every point describes what the muslim terrorhood do to their oppents perfectly.

johnaa
Advisor

Defeating an openly dishonest LIAR is easy.

Be as open and honest as De Con is.  ROFLMAO  You most definitely are not honest.

"--tell us what YOUR definition of what a racist is?"   Use a dictionary, that's what the honest people of the world does. 

"  De-Con has repeatedly  pretended to ask questions like these---"Do you support Israel`s right to exist as they are?  "If not, what should happen in Israel that would make you happy?"  Then he gives his answer---> "are you afraid the answers that you would give would scare the women and small children?"  Another form of strawman fallacies, your 'reading comprehension' seems to prevented you from understanding the definition of strawman fallacies in the link?

I did  answer those question at least twice before, but you're didn't like my answer so you have been repeatedtly asking and claiming I didn't.  Most of the regular posters have seen this, so I ask the question who, besides yourself, do you think you are fooling?

Now what name does the rest of the world call someone who is so dishonest as you?

In the real world, outside of your sandbox, pretending to ask questions, that are really suggestions  is a common dishonest practice of gossips, an attempt to deceive.  You know what the rest of the world means by the term deceive.  Grow Up!. 

Faust100F
Advisor

3020 - I am having flashbacks!  BA is right this Islamic Johnaa is Alzado;s Alter Ego.  I mean, perhaps he is upset so many of his brethren are catching the fast train to Paradise, and having their ticket punched by American Drones with missiles guided by cell phone signals right into the left ear of the Sand Fleas.  The tragedy in his mind is that those poor sand fleas did not take an infidel with them before they ascended to the left hand of Mohammed.  Just sayin. . .   John