cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

College football

I was flipping channels between the OSU/ texas  and the Wisconsin/ Nebraska game and both games were highly competitive. Unfortunately both OSU and Wisconsin lost.

However the Hawks beat minesota and that was a pleasant surprise. No I don't watch those sec guys. Over rated media favorites.

9 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: College football

Overrated SEC teams have won the last 6 national championships.

Highlighted
Advisor

I wish it wasn't so but the sec is the best at the moment. They need to play some of these bowl games up north though, to often it'd a home game for the sec.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yeah becauae they give them the key to the door. Alabama gotin last year and weren't even their conference champion. Ok State didn't get in and they did win their conference and would have kicked Alabama or LSU's butt.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I am an LSU fan and I would much rather have played Ok State than Bama in the championship game last year.  Defensive speed in the SEC is too much for all others the last several years and will probably be the case again this year as Bama looks great

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Watched the Nebraska game, or at least what I could when I got in (I think that is pretty much a requirement to live here, LOL).  I saw all but the first quarter.  The Huskers did good, trailing at halftime, by 17, to come back, and win by 3.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Bo Pelini was LSU's defensive coordinator in 2007 when the Tigers won the NC.  He is a great coach and I am hoping he is very successful at Nebraska.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

Yeah becauae they give them the key to the door. Alabama gotin last year and weren't even their conference champion. Ok State didn't get in and they did win their conference and would have kicked Alabama or LSU's butt.

Iowa State says differently. 

The SEC is the best conference at the top the past few years, but top to bottom they have not been.  The Big 12 has taken the latter honor and may well take all honors this year.  Lots of very good teams in the big 12.  The big ten...not so much.  And this guy is a HUGE Hawkeye fan. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I did not know that.  I did hear the announcement that Tom Osbourne is retiring from Nebraska football entirely, the word on the street is that he thinks the coaching staff is good enough, they don't need his input any more.  With any luck, coach Bo, can be the next Mr Tom. 

What is REALLY funny, is our locan NAPA store gives out Husker football schedules every fall, I think pretty much with every purchase, and last year, they had as the cover artwork, the 'past coaches' of the Huskers.  I chuckled that Husker Football must be similar to the Kremlin, as they had airbrushed Callahan out of the picture.  He wasn't there, even though the caption was something like 'Coaches, past and present'.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

That is funny.  Nebraska has such a great fan base nonetheless.  They still went to the games in droves while Callahan was there.