cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Collin Peterson, unicorn Democrat

Collin voted against impeachment because his constituents call it "B.S.".  Bug eyed Schiff asked him "What, do you need money?" (isn`t that bribing a congressman or is that okay because it`s bug eyed Schiff  doing the bribing?).  Peterson told Schiff "No, I need you to shut up" and Bug eyed Schiff didn`t like that.   Smiley Happy

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/11/08/minnesota-voters-peterson-against-impeachment-lah...

3 Replies
Advisor

Re: Collin Peterson, unicorn Democrat

Mr. Peterson won by a pretty thin margin last time....I wonder if he is going to retire rather than get KO'd next time?

Not a guy that will ever win on personal family values, and a solid liberal when it comes to social issues, he will prance and dance like a fiscal conservative on votes that don't really matter just to keep a red district blue in representation.

Not my type of Norwegian.....he can be voted out along with Mr. Ellison, and any of the other Son's of that ilk. 

Honored Advisor

Hey Red, yes I don`t know much about him, only hear about him during farm bills and Farm Fest.  They interviewed him on the radio, I guess he`s 75 and isn`t sure he`s running again and claims that he "hopes he`ll lose" everytime he runs.  I don`t believe that, to have a ego to be in politics you want to win and go out with a bang. It is funny that he isn`t on the impeachment bangwagon, his polls must be revealing something other than what Democrats are trying to pull.

Advisor

If....IF that is...the Federal govt. isn’t so fractured that it doesn’t happen there will be a census held next year. Projections all seem to show that MN will go down to 7 Congressional Districts from 8.

The battleground in front of MN is for control of the State Senate. They draw the lines and send their proposal to The Governor. It’s sitting on a one seat swing.  Anybody half awake knows how that is going to play out.  If the GOP holds the Senate the State Courts will do the re-Districting.

I thought it was a miracle that Peterson won last time. The 7th got way, way bigger 9 years ago and when it dropped along the Western border down to heavy Thumper land in the SW it took on the potential to become a clone of King’s District in Iowa. GOP overreached a bit when they couldn’t come up with  (It’s actually an impossibility with the extremist activism that has taken over the County party apparatus all over rural MN) and didn’t run a moderate candidate against Collin.

But in reality it’s just one House seat in a insurmountable, for now,  U.S. House makeup. Peterson’s big feature has been constituent service. Red’s MN House District used to have that but somehow it got replaced by a psycho wing nut who winds up being less appreciated by his fellow Republicans in St. Paul than by the opposition.