cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Windbreaks

Mostly people just don't like to scratch up their equipment.

As far as purposing land borders into horizontal habitats, the ideal is to step it down from tall trees, to shrubs, to grasses.

That's all off topic a bit, vs. the question of planting large amounts of low productivity farmland to trees. Which would need to be a global effort and there would be global effort and there would be all sorts of cultural resistance- Masai being no different that Farm Bureau member and Big Ag lobbyists at their core

Honored Advisor

I`ll say this, if you`re spraying volunteer corn in beans next to your neighbor`s field corn and a breeze is blowing towards the neighbor, having a grass strip and a few scrub trees makes you feel a little better.   Nowadays many here have fencelines torn out and have only a couple PVC pipes as line markers...they are "straight planters" anyway.  But for each of you to gain an extra row and eliminate bunny, Pheasant and long legged rat crop damage, it might dollar up.  

I tell my Bigshot neighbors it`s okay if they want to take trees and fences out, so long as I don`t have to help or cost me anything.   Smiley Happy

Senior Contributor

Is there money in planting trees or do you lefty's have another plan for those people you say have marginal land? Welfare maybe?

Senior Contributor

Yes, I think it is fair to say that there is a substantial body of legal precedence defending "property rights" and thus such things would need to be compensated.

Can't do that because of a "balanced budget" lol?

As far as carbon and solar radiation capture goes, the US alone doesn't move the needle.

Of considerable greater and urgent concern is the fact that under our current government's Make Brazil Great Again agenda, the Deep State helped fascists regain power in Brazil* and they're gonna plow up the Amazon (but don't like Maduro, and won't challenge US influence in Latin America).

*probably can draw a straight line from when the Vatican Collegio Teutonica was smuggling Catholic nazi war criminals out of Europe to hide there.

I don't really believe that (other than in the broadest and most metaphorical terms) but just thought I'd throw that in there for 3020.

Senior Contributor

Back in the day, the third leg of the stool that supported some greener ag programs was sportmen's groups.

They've gone missing, apparently barricaded in a conservation club somewhere to keep the gubmint from taking their guns.