cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Did you miss don's post?

I thought any company that had over 50 employees could get it IF they requested and gave a reasonable reason.
Senior Contributor

@Husker-J wrote:

Yes, true Capitalism will bring up some people with great wealth.   However, there are countless examples in capitalist society, of capitalists giving great fortunes to charity, starting their own charities, building colleges, universities, etc.

For example, in capitalist countries, when there is a disaster, there are all kinds of private charities that will come to the aid of those affected.

I don't see that with Communism much.

I can't think of any communist version of the Gates foundation, or the Buffett foundation, etc.

First I would say the 'capitalists' giving away their wealth is not an example of capitalism but rather that of generosity or maybe even basic communism where those who 'have' share with those who do not.

Perhaps communism does not need to have those 'with' resources give to those who are 'without' because they are all more equal in what they 'have'. 

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:.

There are also haves and have nots in a communist society.

In a true communist society or just in the examples we have of recent  cases?

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

The Bible is God's word on how to obtain eternal life. We are all free to make our own choices. Amish do not live as communist, when they see a neighbor in need they use their treasure, time, and talent to help that neighbor. They do not get together and vote to force someone else to help that neighbor or face the fury of an overbearing government.

That is fine if you want to believe that sort of thing.

I have been pointing out that the Amish come closer to following that command in the bible than other groups of christian believers.

they choose to follow that command while most christians ignore it.

No different from all the other commands that believers choose to either ignore or follow but the Amish, as well as some other groups of 'believers' try harder to follow the commands to be  more communistic in their lives.

The Hutterites go even further in following the bible teachings.

You do not.

Really Canuck, you have no idea of what I do or don't do. I have never treated you with anything except respect.

And what I was referring to was your living in a communist type of society like the Hutterites.

Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

The Bible is God's word on how to obtain eternal life. We are all free to make our own choices. Amish do not live as communist, when they see a neighbor in need they use their treasure, time, and talent to help that neighbor. They do not get together and vote to force someone else to help that neighbor or face the fury of an overbearing government.

That is fine if you want to believe that sort of thing.

I have been pointing out that the Amish come closer to following that command in the bible than other groups of christian believers.

they choose to follow that command while most christians ignore it.

No different from all the other commands that believers choose to either ignore or follow but the Amish, as well as some other groups of 'believers' try harder to follow the commands to be  more communistic in their lives.

The Hutterites go even further in following the bible teachings.

You do not.

Really Canuck, you have no idea of what I do or don't do. I have never treated you with anything except respect.

And what I was referring to was your living in a communist type of society like the Hutterites.

Canuck, you are trying to make out the Bible is a communist manifesto which it is not. The Bible is about personal responsibility and is the first book banned in a communist society.

Senior Contributor

r3020 wrote:

Canuck, you are trying to make out the Bible is a communist manifesto which it is not. The Bible is about personal responsibility and is the first book banned in a communist society.

You are the 'believer' not me so you get to choose which parts of the book you wish to follow.

I just point out that several of the commands or writings in your bible ask you to live as a true communist society would.

Not many 'believers' are willing to follow those dictates in your bible just as no 'believers' are able to follow all the dictates, choices always have to be made.

Senior Advisor

Evidently you have never heard of amish shunning one of their own for supposed misbehavior.

Senior Advisor

Interesting points there Husker. True communism has probably never been tried. Although I doubt I would like it any more than i would like pure capitalism.

IN both cases they have the power grabbers. In the communist version they just have the aggressors that take command of society or the government. Like lenin, Stalin and the boys. Suddenly everything is not equal any more and the peoplebecome serfs for the most part.

Pure capitalism is some what diofferent in that power grabbers earn their wealth by exploiting most everyone that can gain an edge on. I'm not talking about Bill Gates Warren Buffett or Steve Jobs. I'm talking about the corporate masters that use their financial clout to gain political influence or power. Those that use their dollars to make over america in their desired image.

In either case the creme rises to the top and now with the court people decision, the corp are free to ravage our political system.

Of course this is just my opinion and that is why I am on agonline instead of CBS NEWS.

Senior Advisor

Yeah those big capitalists are quite generous to their favorite charities but not the federal treasury. How much of that dogooding is a late effort to buy themself a ticket to heaven?

Senior Contributor

I don't think there is anything good about communism

Maybe what every body thinks would be good is really Marxism.  I've not studied it or even read Marx's book but my understanding is that communism is a morph off of Marxism kind of like Lutherans or The Church of England morphed from the Catholic Church.