Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verbatime
Senior Contributor

Congressman’s Statement On Federal Court Ruling Against Obama

Congressman’s Statement On Federal Court Ruling Against Obama

inShare6

Steve Stockman official portrait Congressmans statement on federal court ruling against Obama

WASHINGTON – Congressman Steve Stockman (R-Texas 36) released the following statement Friday after a federal appeals court ruled President Obama’s three recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board violated constitutional restrictions on recess appointments.  The three appointments were ruled invalid, and the NRLB no longer has a quorum to conduct business.

“I am not surprised a federal court has ruled President Obama abused his power and engaged in unlawful executive actions.  President Obama sees the rule of law as a curious antiquity.  Millions of Americans gave President Obama this historic opportunity at the Presidency.  Rather than focus on the economy, President Obama has so far squandered their trust on reckless power grabs.  I hope this strong judicial rebuke will humble President Obama and cause him to reconsider his ill-guided actions and agenda.

“No matter their party affiliation or political opinions, all members of Congress should be concerned when the executive branch assumes for itself unchecked, unlawful and unconstitutional new powers.  Each of have a moral duty to consider the long-term impact of our actions, instead of the immediate partisan political benefits. 

“That is why I and Senator Paul have introduced legislation restoring executive actions to their constitutional boundaries.  H.R. 410, the “Restore the Constitution Act,” is an important first step toward restoring our constitutional system of separation of powers, which is necessary for a healthy and secure republic.”

12 Replies
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Congressman’s Statement On Federal Court Ruling Against Obama

Oh boy! Another of the Texas knuckle draggers. I'm so impressed!

verbatime
Senior Contributor

Knuckle dragger,..... You're the one who wants to go back to a king or dictator

verbatime
Senior Contributor

verbatime
Senior Contributor

Reporter On Obama’s ‘Amateurish’ Press Corps: ‘When They’re Near Him, They Lose Their Minds’

video» 198 comments

Rolling Stone reporter Michael Hastings, author of the BuzzFeed special book on the 2012 campaign Panic 2012, joined Martin Bashir on Thursday where he revealed that journalists who covered President Barack Obama during the campaign were sometimes so overcome by his presence that they would “lose their minds” and behave in “juvenile” and “amateurish” ways. Among other anecdotes, Hastings admitted that he once had the opportunity to ask the president hard questions, but was so similarly moved by his presence that he only asked “soft” questions.

RELATED: Rolling Stone Reporter: Obama Bombed In First Debate Because He Was Dealing With Benghazi

Hastings revealed one anecdote in the book which he described to Bashir in which an unnamed Wall Street Journal reporter attempted to interview the president through the medium of a sock puppet.

“It was a puppet that looked like Obama,” Hastings said, though he refused to imitate the “squeaky voice” that he said this reporter used in that moment. Hastings said that the president found that particular episode to be “very strange.”

“That’s the presence of Obama, even on the press corps – even on the people who follow him every day – when they’re near him, they lose their minds sometimes,” Hastings said. “They start behaving in ways that are juvenile, and amateurish, and they swoon.”

“Of course, you don’t?” Bashir asked.

“Oh, I do,” Hastings replied. Hastings said that he first met then-Sen. Obama in Iraq in 2006 and, when faced with the opportunity to ask Obama tough questions, was unable to pitch him anything but “soft” questions.

Watch the clip below via MSNBC:

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

I think our revered seniors here would do the same thing around Bam. I can see why the plagiarism of JFK and Joe Biden did not bother any of them....it's hard to find an original thought between the whole group.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Have you ever said anything that someone else had said before?  Did you give that person credit?  Remember, you go to hell for lieing.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Hopefully a small victory against executive over reach will come from this . The bigger battle is to find out the money flow that finances the left's rise in America and disclose this to the American people. 

Before it's too late.

Something clearly has emboldened Bama to have him give the speech that he gave on inauguration. The guy appears ready to switch gears into attack mode and I can smell danger. Maybe its just the thrill of winning a tight presidential race or maybe it's something else. For a guy that had probably over 70% of eligible voters NOT vote for him, he sure seems to think he has some sort of mandate.

Anyone that  owns and operates a business or anyone that aspires to own and operate a business in America should be very afraid.

Why so many republicans stayed home and refused to vote for Mitt Romney, or threw their votes away, will someday be a topic of a book. I can understand why sheep are sheep...it is harder to understand why shepherds stand by and let the wolves devour the sheep.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Are you really an idiot?  Over 5 million illegal voters??  That is how many more voters he had.  Maybe 70% of the area of the country didn't vote for him but the numbers of votes cast did. Oh,wait.  I'msorry.  I forgot that y'all know everything and you are always correct.  Why did the election stand?

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Addendum

US approx population 315,000,000

less pop less than 18   (76,000,000)

less felons/noncitizens(20,000,000)

Estimated eligible voters   219,000,000

So of the eligible voters, about 27% voted for Bama...26% voted for Mitt, and about  46% didn't bother to vote.

Looks like apathy won in a landslide and Bama narrowly beat Romney for second place.

Source....Wikipedia answers

I hope this helps.