cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Corporate Profits vs Wages

Yes I understand you all like to call names rather than look at facts or counter what I post but you should at least check what the definition of a communist is.

Senior Advisor

Wage growth in the US was 4% in 2019. Your chart is fake news crap. And of course corporate profits are up. That's the great thing about the tax cuts, the corps stay in this country and create good paying American jobs. Your charts shows that perfectly. Dems don't want good paying American jobs, they want to suppress wages with cheap ILLEGAL labor. They have to take care of their rich corporate donors.

Wages for U.S. workers grew 4.0 percent over the last year, increasing the average wage level by $1.09 to $28.54 an hour, according to the ADP Research Institute® Workforce Vitality Report (WVR) released today.  The growth, accelerating from 3.8 percent to 4.0 percent annual as of June 2019, was driven by strong wage gains for workers in the manufacturing (4.4 percent wage growth, $29.83 hourly wage) and construction (4.4 percent wage growth, $28.65 hourly wage) industries. From the service sector, information (4.2 percent wage growth, $41.56 hourly wage), trade (4.3 percent wage growth, $25.27 hourly wage), which represents 22 percent of the workforce, and  professional and business services (4.1 percent wage growth, $36.45 hourly wage) were the major contributing industries.

http://mediacenter.adp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/us-wage-growth-second-quarter-2019-acc...

Senior Contributor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

Yes I understand you all like to call names rather than look at facts or counter what I post but you should at least check what the definition of a communist is.

I state in plain language what is plain to see.

You quote from a communist source and you are proud of it. 
Boy, we sure could use Senator Eugene McCarthy back again. He was right. 

Honored Advisor

So Canuck, just because wages didn`t sky rocket 6 months after the tax bill was passed (your chart) that means something?   If one of the 20 freak Democrats running gets in, they`ll repeal the trump tax cuts and reinstate the burdensome regulations and then the companies will be stuck with higher priced employees with no more profits to pay them.

When Trump gets re elected it will be safer for wages to go up substantially.  If you plant seedcorn May 1st, chances are it won`t be ready to combine  1 week later, but if you tend to it on October 15th you`ll have a great crop to harvest.

Senior Contributor

companies will be stuck with higher priced employees with no more profits to pay them.

they do NOT pay employees from profits.

The profits are AFTER the wages are paid.

Just saying.

BTW although some of you just believe wages are increasing under your dear leader this chart to 2016 does not seem to show that.

https://www.multpl.com/us-median-income-growth

Honored Advisor

First of all Happy 2020 Canck! You do know your chart goes back to the SECOND quarter of 2018, that`s 1  1/2 yrs old, kind premature to draw conclusions from 2018 info.  If a company isn`t pretty sure of future profits, would they have incentive to get gung ho on giving big raises?

Senior Contributor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

Did you even look at the graph BA?

graph

And just where do you think those profits go? Think a little before you answer this one...…….

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

So Canuck, just because wages didn`t sky rocket 6 months after the tax bill was passed (your chart) that means something?   If one of the 20 freak Democrats running gets in, they`ll repeal the trump tax cuts and reinstate the burdensome regulations and then the companies will be stuck with higher priced employees with no more profits to pay them.

When Trump gets re elected it will be safer for wages to go up substantially.  If you plant seedcorn May 1st, chances are it won`t be ready to combine  1 week later, but if you tend to it on October 15th you`ll have a great crop to harvest.

I don't think you understand who you're talking to.  Quit using reason and logic or economic realities.  There's no way to reach an entrenched believer who isn't even from the USA.  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

These simple minded Democrats just cant understand some one making money. They would rather drag the whole world down to their stupid level of failure.