cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Cortez

A little thick, are you Ed?  Or simply disingenuous?

You know I was being factitious.  

One person, huh?  

What a scandal. A teenaged college student dancing to a pop song.  Will the horrors ever cease?

Advisor

What the old GOP would have done about Cortez

There have always been a few uber  liberal Democrats in Congress but the GOP M O for dealing with them has been to generally ignore them, bring no special attention to them and rest in the assurance that a basically right-center Democrat Party would send more than enough moderates to Congress to keep them stifled, or at least innefective.

Not this trip.  The oligarchs and plutocrats that run and fund the GOP have no answer for, and no transformative influence over this newly strengthened base of internet fascists that have the party held hostage. They disseminate this garbage because they’ve discovered somebodies who agree with their complaints.  And have taken the signal from the squeaker election of Donald Trump that it’s just a matter of letting everybody else know. The secret to GOP ascendancy now and then over the years has been keeping the 99% from catching on to what they are up to. This new development imperils that. 

What is ultimately happening is that a huge, HUGE cohort of young, and not always so young but suddenly affected, previously non-political or apolitical Americans are observing what’s going on in and with our Federal government and are lining up what they are and have been experiencing with what they see and hear.

So a woman dancing when she was in high school a decade ago isn’t going to rattle them as much as it will a bubble crammed full of Incels, mysoginists and racists.  But it might make a loosely scattered mass of suddenly curious others wonder what all the fuss is about. 

Senior Contributor

Re: What the old GOP would have done about Cortez

the squeaker election of Donald Trump

I would consider that a poor choice of words bruce.

As I understand it he was 'selected' and the election gave Clinton  2% + of votes more than him.

Senior Contributor

It has been the Republicans that tried to raise a stink about the young, vivacious young woman expressing, her joy of youth by dancing! Shame on her. Where was the outrage over Melatoma's nude pictures??

Senior Advisor

More fake news. The only outrage is the progressives that are outraged no conservatives are outraged. It's just not fair. The poor little rich girl wants to be a victim.

Veteran Advisor

Would much rather see Cortez dancing than perhaps Maxine Waters or Nancy Pelosi.  Right?  Cortez, not offensive, the other two, probably offensive to the senses.

Senior Contributor

(As I understand it he selected' and the election gave Clinton  2% + of votes more than him.)

Those 3 million votes, and a tweet about impeaching President Trump, would make Hillary relevant again for about 15 seconds.

Veteran Advisor

Maxine Waters is more relevant than Hillary.

Veteran Advisor

Cortez is more relevant than Hillary.

Honored Advisor

I wonder what "conservative" unearthed that "scandalous video of Alexandria dancing?  Pretty fre aking hot actually, there was nothing wrong with it....and you know it.  What`s really going on is a fake conservative "leaked" it hoping that the Left`s version that all conservatives are the "John Lithgow character in Footloose" ...don`t see anyone seriously falling for it.  Though I can write the headlines for the Wa-Po, "Conservative attempt at smearing Cortez backfires!!!!".   Oh yeah, "don`t wanna be uncool, better vote for Beto ORouke, he`s cool like Fonzi and Kevin Bacon!".