Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
9 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Couple of articles re first amendment rights

Are you agreeing with or against these cases?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I remember a story a while back where Christians were told they could not have Bible meetings in their home because it was a residential area and it might cause traffic congestion.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Only a matter of time and we will be burning you at the stake. Poor crybabies.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Oh, I understand, first amendment rights apply to everyone but Christians, then it is "thumper go home."

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I haven't discriminated against you in any way. You sir are taking on the garb of martyrdom as if you are suffering under the weight. Our country has been very kind to You. They allow to build your temple to idiocy and let you deduct the cost. They allow you to avoid taxes both income and property and yet you expect the community to provide you with police and fire protection. How much do you want other taxpayers to subsidize your dogma. Yet you whine like we are not giving you a fair break when we should make you contribute like every other entity does in this country.

How do you justify the silly argument you are making?  I think Jesus ought to be ashamed of his spoiled petulant child. Grow up and realize what america is doing for your faith instead of whining that they aren't doing enough.

Your dog don't hunt in my opinion.

Highlighted
Advisor

I believe the issue is about property rights, one wants to keep the tax base the other is concerning a huge building and traffic.   Neither issue is about  the religion of the builders. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Highlighted
Advisor

Yep, there it is--(C) the substantial burden is imposed in the implementation of a land use regulation or system of land use regulations, under which a government makes, or has in place formal or informal procedures or practices that permit the government to make, individualized assessments of the proposed uses for the property involved.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Not absolutley sure Brian but I believe that Sam said earlier that he thought the development rights should be honored. That would fit right in with the statements that have come out form Congressman Paul, who he has supported here in the past.

I saw somewhere that the Congressman and his teabagger kid who is running for the Senate are sideways on this one.