cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
henrikstudson
Senior Contributor

Couple of quick polls

1- Do you condemn the violence at the US Capital?  Ron and Sam, already have ya down for a no. 

I support for the right to a peaceful protest but condone the violence whether it involves BLM or Trump supporters 

2- Do you think what Twitter and the removal of Parlr is a violation of free speech?

I don’t support what they are doing as I feel it is against the 1st amendment. 

6 Replies
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Couple of quick polls

I have no issues with free speech.   I have major issues with lies, where people get hurt, and there are no repercussions against those that did the lying.  

Like the guy that went in to free Hillary’s kid from the pizza parlor.  Who should’ve really went to jail - him or the guy that put out the lie to begin with?   Make it so there are repercussions for the liars, just like there are for someone yelling fire in a theatre.   

Jen

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I don`t even like "peaceful protests" because it 99% of the time only represents the extreme ends of the spectrum, not at all "middle America".   A protest of 100,000 nutjobs does give politicians an EXCUSE to promote what otherwise would be a unpopular and destructive policy...."Hey there was 100,000 screaming in the street, so that`s proof there`s popular support for this bill!".     But (pardon me while I dig a booger out of my nose) while I say this cliche "I support people`s constitutional right to peacefully protest...ain`t I special?"

Twitter and Parler are "private companies and can do aaaaaaanything they want"  I am constantly reminded.  Well, okay, kick all the blacks and homosexuals off twitter, what do you think would happen to the private company known as Twitter then?   Smiley Happy

henrikstudson
Senior Contributor

Gosh BA, thinking you are referring to the rally last week.  There is hope for you yet

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(I support for the right to a peaceful protest but condone the violence whether it involves BLM or Trump supporters) 

Gosh henrik, not a peep out of you all last year and now your actually referring to BLM in writing.  A little to the righteousness party but there is hope for you yet

henrikstudson
Senior Contributor

Got a different handle Ed since last summer, I posted many times abhorring the violence 

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Got a different handle Ed since last summer, I posted many times abhorring the violence) 

Yea, I hear a lot of hypocrats are coming out and pretending they said something now Smiley Wink