cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Craig...538 on your races today

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/06/somewhat-super-tuesday-previews-of.html

Also, I got the message you asked about. Hadn't noticed the personal message feature until just today.

P.S. That guy is alot better looking than me.

4 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Craig...538 on your races today

Looks like yesterday was not a good day for any politician named Jim Gibbons.  Just from my personal observation ex-ISU wrestling coach Gibbons outspent his rivals on ads but still loss by a big margin in a crowded field to Brad Zaun.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Brad Zaun

@dagwud wrote:

Looks like yesterday was not a good day for any politician named Jim Gibbons.  Just from my personal observation ex-ISU wrestling coach Gibbons outspent his rivals on ads but still loss by a big margin in a crowded field to Brad Zaun.

Brad Zaun is the real deal.  I knew him back when he was in high school and I just started farming.  His Dad owned the John Deere dealership in Indianola.

If anyone can send Boswell out to pasture, Brad can.  His race is the one that I can confidently say will go the right way.   The plus is that he stands for all the things the tea party folks are looking for.  I would say that the 3rd District went just like I was hoping it would.

Advisor

Just looked up the map:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:United_States_House_of_Representatives,_Iowa_District_3_map.png

Looks to me like one that you should have a real shot at, esp. if you can generate some turnout in the rural areas.

Checking up on Zaun he doesn't look like a far rightie. Probably could have been worse.

How's he been in the Iowa Leg. in so far as bringing  pork to the district over time, when it has been available? That still seems to play big in rural towns and counites. even if the folks say on face that they don't want it or could live without it.

Veteran Advisor

Brad does a great job in cutting the red tape for businesses to start up, while he was mayor of Urbandale, and eliminating regulations as best as he could....That led to huge development of area around the I-35, I-80.....that in turn, led to lower property taxes for everyone else in the area.

He lives by the Constitution and he served in the Iowa Senate the same way.  He believes that those who are elected are the SERVANTS of those electing them....not the other way around.

He will make a very good replacement for the outgoing Boswell, next year.