cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Crazy GA polls

QPac has Biden up 3. FWIW.

Civicqs has Warnock beating both Loeffler and Collins in a jungle primary runoff.

Ossoff up 2 on Perdue although that goes to runoff if nobody hits 50%, and there's a fairly strong Libertarian candidate.

Far from a stretch that the Senate won't be known until after those two.

BTW, I expect that Moscow Mitch blew up his own majority with the SCOTUS thing.

8 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Those gravely endangered, combustible suburbs

The GA vote IS the suburbs.

i haven’t flown into Atlanta for years but last time I did (TARP announcement day back in Sept. ‘08 actually) once you descended to less than 20,000 ft or so you couldn’t see from one end to the other.

And fwiw the whole damned place was a couple general stores and a few Baptist’s churches interspersed between swamps and Cotton fields before the terrible big Federal gubmint built an airport and ran a couple two three Interstate highways through there. In the ultimate act  of commie reconstruction.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Those gravely endangered, combustible suburbs

QPac- Trump plus 1 in SC

Graham-Harrison tied at 48.

Wouldn’t put too much faith in that but his path to winning is getting narrower than the eye of a needle.

Big needle, maybe.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Yeah.

My brothers place out west toward the airport is in swanky subdivisions with little old wooden churches and general stores in the cracks between them.

Theres enough left that they filmed Walking Dead there.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I’ve been to Atlanta Hartsfield many times.   I used this have a really good friend that lived in Marietta.

Working for the FAA, we got 7 trips a year, flying in the cockpit as a crew member.   It was a pretty cool perk - a couple of days off work, leave on Friday and come back on Monday, which could be any day of the week because of our schedules.  (My days were almost always Monday, Tuesday off.  So I would leave on Saturday offer my shift, and fly back on Wednesday, and then back to work on Thursday.).  One of the trips per year could be international, if you worked international traffic, which I described in my trip to Seoul a few (many) years back.

The last time I went, I took the MARTA from the airport into Marietta.  On the way back, a big black guy sat in the isle seat across from me.  Turned toward me with his reflective sunglasses on, and just held that pose, until he got off a few blocks later.  I knew what he was thinking.   “What is a white woman by herself doing on this train?”   I felt like turning to him and going “What?”, but I didn’t think it was wise.   My friend got married a few months before that trip, I was the maid of honor in her wedding.   She ended up divorced a few years later, and the last I knew she was married to a fellow out west somewhere.  I have lost track of her, but think of her often.

Just a passing thought, as I wait in the hot tub for a few showers to pass over.

Jen

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

By the way - 9/11 stopped the Air Traffic trips in the cockpit.   It was a nice perk - I retired in 2008 from the Center at Minneapolis - it seems like an eternity ago....

Jen

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

do liberals ever see a person without seeing color?

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I think I have a right to my feelings.  The fellow was a black man.   The idea was intimidation.  My friend didn’t want me taking the MARTA anymore the last few years I went, because of issues on the train.  

I have no clue what it is now.  It was a really good way for me to get from the airport to Marietta though, if sis didn’t have the time to pick me up.

Jen

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: Crazy GA polls