Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Create private sector jobs

The simple answer - $$$$$$

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Don't you think it is a case of feast or famine. Fruits and vegetable is somewhat seasonal in the production is lower in the winter months than in the spring and summer. Domestic production that is. When the stuff comes in from mexico or brazill is when supplies are lower in this country. Other times we have overproduction and they need those export markets.

As to petroleum exports,  Oil is traded on the world market and it matters little if the oil is produced in the US, Venezuala or the middle east. It gravitates toward the highest bidder. oOil that comes from "our" land can be sold anywhere. It matters not if my oil comes from texas or Alberta as long as both are reliable suppliers. Access to product at market values.

More production from american wells will not benefit us anymore that it would benefit other importers around the world. Extra supply may lower world prices for oil but the benefit will not be america exclusively.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

More production from our wells creates a lot of high paying union jobs.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I understand all of that but it would seem to me that if we produce a certain commodity and we need that much and more, our oil would be cheaper to buy and use than buying oil that has to be shipped in from halfway around the world.  It just doesn't make sense to me.