cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Creation vs. Evolution

This subject has been debated for years and will continue to be debated until Jesus comes back to take all the believers home to heaven with him. Here is something to think about.

Everyone on here knows something about how our bodies work. Take the clotting of our blood when we have an injury. Take for an example, I am cutting a beef steak to prepare for grilling. I slip with the knife and cut my finger. Blood starts to flow from the cut. Thank God, it is not to deep and my blood clots at the cut and stops to bleed. Now, here is my question; did this clotting of the blood at an injury was it always there or did it evolve over time? I believe it had to be there from the start, if not people would have been bleeding to death from a little paper cut. My point is, it looks to be designed this way. Therefore, a designer.

55 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Creation vs. Evolution

Only thing about blood clotting as evidence of proof of creation is that it is no more amazing than our ability to fight off disease, grow a scab over a wound and heal, or any number of things along those lines that appear in all mammals, including human beings. Perhaps all these things were "designed" by God, but there is no evidence the design took place all at once. Evolution can be design too, just a much longer period of design.

Veteran Contributor

I've oftened wondered why we take the creation story literally.  I mean why do we think God created earth in 6, 24 hour periods.  Who knows what God's day is?  Just becasue here on earth we call 24 hours a day doesn't mean that's a day to God.

And who can say that God didn't create man and then make improvements until what our conciousness  calls man existed.  Think about it.  Has  anything ever been made that didn't change with time?  Improved with time, been refined over and over. Maybe that's the way God created us.

Senior Advisor

Science and creation do not clash. They compliment one another. God created the universe and the science from which it evolved.

Senior Contributor

There`s nothing in the Bible that precludes the Earth being 4 1/2 billion yrs old. In Genesis it says "man" was created on the 6th day with Adam and Eve on the scene later. After Cain killed Abel, he ran off to a city and took a wife. Jesus`s lineage is traced to Adam. The flood was caused because Noah`s family had the only pure bloodline back to Adam, the flood was local, by the way. You`re right to question the length of a day. We know a day measured "Sunrise to Sunset" how long would it be if there wasn`t a Sun?  The Bible had to be written in a way that people for over a thousand years could understand and not everyone is suposed to understand it  Smiley Happy   By the way beware, the anti-christ comes before Jesus returns, many will be deceived. 

Senior Advisor

Who created God?

If you think about it a little bit, if your God is the only valid God, then who created all the rest of the so called phoney Gods? Perhaps mere mortals like you and I trying their best to find a future beyond the grave.

You need to view the movie Religulous by Bill Maher and perhaps it will give you the understanding you need.

I fail to understand why you think that a creationist is the only answer, yet you seem willing to assume the diety has amn eternal existance. Always was, always will be. That is skewed logic.

Senior Contributor

i NEVER believed in evolution until obamo came along ---now i wonder

Senior Advisor

There are no other Gods, there is only one God. Just as people used to think the earth was flat and the center of the universe, they used to think there was more than one God. As God reveled Himself through His inspired words of the Bible and through His Prophets people came to understand and believe.

Senior Advisor

You cannot even prove the existance of any God let alone your own.

I think your God may be just as bogus as any other created in the imaginations of the preacher types trying to win a fooling and the rewards of a gullible following.

Rent religulous and see if your all powerful faith can stand up to the logical challenge.

Senior Advisor

Mr Kraft, nothing can be proven to some one with a closed mind. The Bible gives us 6,000 years of history back by secular writings. 6,000 years of tradition. The Holy Bible is by far the best selling book in history. You can find Bibles written all those years ago and they still say the same things as today. Bet your eternity against it if you wish, it is your God given right. As for me, I will bet on my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.