cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Crushing the middle class

I agree with you on that. It most certainly is not. I was simply pointing out the fact that some BS disingenuous winger had fractured the quote from Lenin and blown the whole thing up into a context cluster bleep
Advisor

I don't see either the current price of beef or oil as primarily monetary in nature.

Beef is high on a record small herd owing first to drought, secondarily to the ethanol program (might be some inconvenient truths packed in both of those matters).

Oil is expensive because demand has exceeded the supply of low COP oil and the cost of expanding production beyond that is vast.

Although with a worldview where the unfettered market always trumps nature (finite limits, climate) it must surely be those guys behind the curtain.

And I guess in a sense it is, just a question of which guys and why.

Beef and PED-V aside, pretty normal for meat, egg and milk prices to be higher a year or two beyond a historic drought and grain price spike.

Senior Advisor

Re: Hard to respond to

Only in america can it be considered that an inflation devalued dollar sent to the IRS is a tax increase.  If the dollar is worth less, in fact your tax burden has been decreased. Effectively giving you a lower tax rate.

If in fact inflation is bad, then all of the progression and growth in values in real estate,stocks and bonds and material wealth is a bad thing and Jimmy carters stagflation was infact a portrait of paradise on earth.

Advisor

Also worth noting that about 90% of "The Millionaires Next Door" (and most notably farmers) attained that status by owning assets, managing to keep up with the cash flow, and riding on the wave of slow inflation.

William Jennings Bryan would probably be rolling in his grave observing farmers complain about inflation.

And Dorothy and Toto, too.

Although granted these are unique times for farmers whereby they've had an historic run of prosperity and asset infaltion owing to being on the long side of government policy and regulation. Which they also abhor as a matter of principle.

Advisor

not responding is about the best you can do.   even when you post the words of their hero's they act like you've peed in their high fiber cereal.        

whenever I'm feeling too loved by my family I just get in here, the hate keeps me modest.

Advisor

another bit on inflation you might like. http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=229070
Senior Advisor

Nobody hates you sammy. They just disagree with you.  As far as i know that doesn't equate to hate.

However, some folks think that is the case and you might be one of them. However don't think for a moment that i hate you because that is definately not the case. Hating is such a waste of time and energy whether it is me or you. In any case I refuse to participate.

In fact, I'm so busy loving that i hardly have time for anything else. Mostly grandpa love!

Veteran Advisor

Denniger seems to have found the statistics that mirror what is actually going on....a doubling of prices , since the start of the Bush/Bama collective nightmare rings true. How adults can actually advocate more stealing is beyond my Christian comprehension...there are only ten commandments, and "thou shalt not steal" is one of them, along with "thou shall not covet", "thou shall not murder", and "thou shall have no other Gods". Seems like the current liberal, and RINO, political platforms violate the majority of the Christian and Jewish basic tenets.

Denniger ends his essay with thoughts that have been running through my mind, too.

his words:

"

Or don't.

But whatever decision you make don't bleat about my decision to cut back on what I do here and politely but slowly walk away.  For more than seven years I've been documenting this nonsense in the hope that a critical mass of people who give a **bleep** will assemble themselves and put a stop to it.  It hasn't happened, which is fine -- that's a choice, and one I respect.  But that respect has to go both ways when I decide that the effort being made is futile, and thus no longer worthy of my time. "

Advisor

Denniger is spot on .