cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Cruz/Hillary

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/hillary-clinton-whitewashing-financial-catastrophe

The money does tend to push something to the top although not sure it is the cream.

Cruz should be immediately disqualified because his wife works for Goldman in "equities in Dallas", a company euphemism for the most desolate place you can be exiled to.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Cruz/Hillary

......if you understand that working for Goldman is roughly equivalent to being a member of ISIS.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

......if you understand that working for Goldman is roughly equivalent to being a member of ISIS.

Goldman couldn't be isis like with out the support and bailout of Almighty Big Government. If goldman is equivalent to isis then the government is a sponser of terrorism.

Highlighted
Advisor

There is probably a small fraction of farmers who were licking their chops for a full bore liquidation- assuming they had their cash under a mattress. Some would have muddled through.

The interventions were to the great benefit of most of the rest.

There are no republicans who will say boo to Wall Street- even Paul would blanch at regulating them, he just thinks that if you have a gold standard it will cure everything.

Bernie Sanders is undoubtedly the closest thing to someone who will.

As far as the great MSM conspiracy goes, somewhere I saw the statistic that on ABC World News the ratio of time spent covering Trump vs. Sanders is 81:1, with the Sanders coverage amounting to 20 seconds.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Bernie is the least qualified of the Sanders family to run a country....his cousin the Col. Sanders of KFC fame at least knew how to build a successful chicken frying business. And Barry could run right over defensive linemen.....when it comes to running, Barry was the man.

Bernie appeals to the never do well class of Americans...the ones that think they could have been more successful , if only....

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Do you really think "monied people' are pushing Ted Cruz?   I know Ted Cruz and everyone running aren`t perfect, show me someone that never made a mistake and I`ll show you someone that`s never done anything.

The mess is too big that no Ronald Reaganesque will "solve" anything...even "smart people" like you and me disagree as to what the answers are Smiley Wink   The country and world is divided, all voting their wallet and some of us that don`t have the wallet as our #1 issue, we vote as to the world that we want our grandchildren to have.  Some would be happy living in a cookie cutter, Hunger Games world, others of us just would be happy to get in a time machine and go back 30 years. 

But Ted Cruz`s actions in the senate had both Dems and establishment Repubs mad, so any support Cruz gets is grass roots ...a different side of the coin that Bernie Sanders gets.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

About Cruz....still searching for the source that Ted Cruz is for the big mergers of investment banks with savings banks.

Maybe Nox can help us out on this one and enlighten us.

Highlighted
Advisor

Sorry I missed the sermon yesterday at The Church of Ain't I Special. Your esteem for Cruz is understandable as among the hopefuls he has the most open contempt for The Other, hands down.

But anyway, actually some bones for you guys in the original post regarding Hillary, the MSM.

The moguls who own the media conglomerates and their hirelings are eternally grateful to Bill Clinton and the GOP congressionals of his era. They're the ones who let the great consolidation get rolling.

I had a chance to catch the movie Spotlight this weekend and walked away wondering if there's any media outlet today with sufficient courage to cover a story like that and the gravitas to make people have to read it when they really don't want to.  I'm doubtful.

I don't see any of the fragmented internet sources filling that need- they just preach to their own choirs. The fourth estate is as essential to a free republic as any other branch.

Real Americans are pissed at the MSM for lieing to them about Vietnam, Watergate, Civil Rights, saying that Iraq didn't have WMDs (belatedly), giving ink and time to Hersh's torture revelations etc.

So they now have a choice, it's called Fox.

Highlighted
Advisor

Cruz gets giant boost: