cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: It Makes You Wonder....

I agree with you Doc, it won't even be close. Vanderwhoisit is toast.  Bumstead has it in a lock, and probably would be little change from now if he makes the final show.

-What I want to see is milly coming out and supporting the RHINO Bum... errr Branstad, when for the past year or so he has pounded the drums to "vote the RHINO's out of office". What a perfect example of a hypocrite in action. He himself has labled bumstead a RHINO, along with most of the past repubbys.

Honored Advisor

hey Doc, I`ll admitt Vander Plaats is religious and a brass knuckle fighter. However isn`t that what we need to counter-act the assault on Western civilization we`ve gotten from the Democrats? Assuming Terry becomes Iowa`s Gub, I won`t complain if he grows a pair and gets rid of deviant marriage and doesn`t make Iowa some kind of `safe haven` for Mexicans. Oh yeah the next Gub should tell the IADOT and IA highway patrol to take a fricken chill pill. I mean no seat belt $400 fine!....Jesus Christ! 

Advisor

The GOP candiate that would mirror Vanderplaats..... even more extremist by what I can tell...won the party convention endorsement up here doc...and will be unchallenged in the primry. I also see that for the first time in almost forever the GOP will have a candidate in every House and Senate race.

The extreme right has completely taken over the GOP in Minnesota. Better luck down there.

Veteran Advisor

@4wd wrote:

I agree with you Doc, it won't even be close. Vanderwhoisit is toast.  Bumstead has it in a lock, and probably would be little change from now if he makes the final show.

-What I want to see is milly coming out and supporting the RHINO Bum... errr Branstad, when for the past year or so he has pounded the drums to "vote the RHINO's out of office". What a perfect example of a hypocrite in action. He himself has labled bumstead a RHINO, along with most of the past repubbys.

I will most likely, in the event of Branstad winning, just disengage with the entire governor's race.  I have a lot more other campaigns to concern myself with, and I will let the RINOs do what they want on their own.   I probably will write in Bob Vanderplaats name in the fall and let the chips fall where they may.  Either way, we will have a governor that will suck.

Every time the GOP nominates a RINO, they lose.... I expect that trend to continue.

It is funny that so many people call Vander Plaats an extremist, when all he is, is a Constitutionalist that follows, to the letter, what the Good Book says.

Veteran Advisor

@Ihatethisformat wrote:

I would guess the only reason Branstad signs are hard to find near you is you and your cohorts are swiping them, eh craig??

Seriously though, craig, you are going to be in for a huge disappointment come Wednesday morning.  This won't even be close.  Double digit win for Branstad.  I'm not saying he is our saviour.  I think he's really lost his edge and will likely not be much of an improvement over Culver now. 

But I will under NO circumstances vote for Vanderplaats.  He is an extremist  and a religious nut, and we dont need either of those in the gov'ner's seat.  And to call himself a christian while running the campaign of lies and half truths that they've run really says about all that needs to be said. 

On a side note, I did meet the young lady who will be running on the Republican ticket for Attorney General vs  Tom "Petty" Miller.  She seems to be bright and ambituous and probably just the change that office needs, though I doubt she can unseat his name recognition.  Miller has been as worthless in that position as Culver was as Sec/State(and gov for that matter). 

Anyway, come november, be sure to mark your ballot for Brenna Findley for Attorney General.

No "swiping" of signs going on, there weren't any to be found in the first place....tons of Vander Plaats signs, though....

It is funny that so many people call Vander Plaats an extremist, when all he is, is a Constitutionalist that follows, to the letter, what the Good Book says.

If Braindead does buy his way into the nomination, I will most likely will just disengage from the governor's race.  It will come down to whether it is better to suck on the end of a cat turd, or to suck on the end of a dog turd.  At this point, I will probably just write in Bob Vander Plaat's name in the blank.... or vote for Jonathan Narcisse (yeah, the black guy).

I have many other campaigns that will call for my attention and I will devote my time to those.

Yes, I have met, and donated to Brenna Findley.  She is fantastic and will be a great Attorney General.    You do know that she was Chief of Staff for Steve King, don't you???

Would that make her some "extremist"(read Constitutionalist) as well, right???

Well, all we can do is the best that we can.   I do believe that the Iowa "Brain Drain" has taken its toll.... all of the smartest and brightest have mostly left the state and that is why we have the government that we have.

Senior Contributor

Milly, you sure don't sound like a team player. A bit of a renagade eh? As your girl friday little Sarah says,,,, "going rogue"?
Veteran Advisor

Re: I Answer to a Higher Boss....

Senior Advisor

Re: One day you will Craig.

If I were you I would prepare for disappointment.

Advisor

former guv branstad gets alot of backing in north iowa since his brother is one of our leading citizens!  what's up with the seat belt comment.? I was stopped about  2 months ago(at 6:45 in the morning) by a highway patrol and fined $25 and costs. $93 total. I deserved the fine, i wasn't wearing a belt. He was a decent fellow and  we chatted in his car while he cited me. I was amazed that he stopped me for this only. Nice young man, but he looked like he should be going to the prom instead of pulling over old farmers.

Advisor

I am registered as a dem. can i re-register as a repub at the polls? would make the effort just to not see former guv get the nod.