cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Cure a lot of our problems by nationalizing

It's obvious with all the swings in oil prices that there is no stability.  Government should take over the oil industry and stabilize it so that we can have consistent pricing.  That would give people the ability to plan and it would insure that we have a safe secure supply of oil.  Not subject to the whims of a greedy market and investors that only want to generate a false profit.

I also believe that the ag industry should be nationalized.  I'm certain that the portion that is livestock and grains could be better managed by a central government than the hodgepodge of counties, states and little individual farms.  The wasted space for homes and farmsteads alone could assure higher production without as much fertilizer.  Lower yields might result but would be offset by 2 factors.  The first would be more acres available and the second would be less fertilizer resulting in less pollution.

Land prices would then no longer be a deterrent to people wanting to work on a farm as there would be sufficient jobs available and at living wages for workers.  Not only that but the government would insure much better working conditions that are currently found on many of the small farms. 

43 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Cure a lot of our problems by nationalizing

Worked good for Stalin.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: OMG !!!

That should work out well with farmland too.  Food is more important than anything else, so farms should also be nationalized with your line of thinking!

Why nationalize industry when you can nationalize the people? ~~ Adolf Hitler.
Highlighted

I'm just being reasonable

The highways are government controlled, the mail is government controlled, the rivers are government controlled, our educational system is government controlled, the auto industry, the banking industry and the airways are government controlled.  Soon the entire medical system will be under government control and all these things seem to be working pretty good.

The rogue industries of oil and food are for some reason not.  Yet these 2 industries are essential to our survival and we let a number of greedy incompetent individuals run them.

The public deserves to have more control over these basic industries for the public good. 

misspelled rogue.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: I'm just being reasonable

Mail the deed to your farm to Obama, I'm sure he will make better use of it than you do. He can put Van Jones in charge with his organic farming and then the world can starve to death. Once most of the people are dead.....problem solved.

Highlighted
Advisor

You guys are aware that this wasn't posted by Don Kraft, aren''t you? He's kraft-t, not d.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm just being reasonable

crap, I "kudo'd" the wrong post. I meant to agree with 3020.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

How do you tell them apart? Kraftd is don's conservative brother? ; )
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: All Is Good and Well If the Trains Run On Time

The ends justify the means.....Ya? "Es ist folglich notwendig, dass die Einzelperson schließlich kommen sollte, festzustellen, dass sein eigenes Ego ohne Wert im Vergleich mit dem Bestehen der Nation ist, das, welches die Position der Einzelperson nur durch die Interessen der Nation als Ganzes bedungen wird." (Auf Deutsch)

Der würde guter, korrekter Herr Kraft sein?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is thus necessary that the individual should finally come to realize that his own ego is of no importance in comparison with the existence of the nation, that the position of the individual is conditioned solely by the interests of the nation as a whole." (In English) ~~Adolf Hitler
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I caught it bruce. Fake post made to stir things up. Yet there are many that think that is the way to go. Our president for one.