cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

DC statehood?

Going to become a big issue if it's a Democratx in the White House and an enhanced Dem majority in the Senate. Another opportunity for R-wingers in the House to stand up and tell you all sorts of made up reasons, other than the glaringly obvious one, as to why they oppose it.
7 Replies
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

Re: DC statehood?

(Going to become a big issue if it's a Democratx in the White House and an enhanced Dem majority in the Senate. Another opportunity for R-wingers in the House to stand up and tell you all sorts of made up reasons, other than the glaringly obvious one, as to why they oppose it.)

Other than the glaringly obvious one?  Most on here may know what the "glaringly obvious" reason is, I don't, please elaborate.  I will assume it would have something to do with D.C. being mostly made up of politicians but liberals love politicians, so...

I would be against D.C. becoming a state because their main industry is government; it's only 64 square miles, that's less than 2 standard townships; and 50 is a nice round number (I know, President Obama thinks there are 57 states already).  D.C. should become part of a border state, Virginia or Maryland.

bruce MN
Advisor

You would be perfectly suited to testify   You came up with a on the list bit. More people than 2 of our current states  

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(You would be perfectly suited to testify   You came up with a on the list bit. More people than 2 of our current states)

Other then D.C. has more population then 2 states, I have no idea what you said or what the reasons are - just say it man.  

If you think every state should be based on population and have a population equal to D.C.'s, there would be roughly 350 states. 

WCMO
Senior Advisor

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

i suppose this will be the next scheme of the left, to nullify their shortcomings on winning congress...just make every "urban area" a state of their own complete with 2 senators and how ever many congresspeople.  That will water down the "bitter clingers" power in sensible states like Wyoming and Idaho.  Call it "Opperation anti-Bundy" if you will.

Heck, after the District of Cesspool becomes it`s own state, why not make Ferguson Missouri and Detriot Michigan and East LA states too?   You`ll get your meeeeeeaningful gun control and immigration reform through with all those new congresspeople.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

One thing that is illustrated is the danger to a democracy, or a democratic

republic, of having so many people in large cities without work or a vested

interest in the historic American Dream.

And by "work", I mean actually doing something....not working in a government

job.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Maybe it is a time for "2 Americas"  a urban one and a rural one.  One where tax rates are 70% and one where tax rates are 25%, one where you can own guns and one where guns are verboten...some of this cities are already sanctuary cities, they seem to have no problem  taking the law into their own hands.   Trouble is, they want to control us too, like des Moines suing counties because of the drinking water.  And i suppose they`d claim in their state of Chicago the gangsters would just go to the Wells Minnesota Gun show to buy their weapons.