cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: DHS to purchase 7,000 assult weapons

@bruce MN wrote:

I'm on record here 30 as saying that bans aren't an answer.  Can see no reason to support that. And I haven't heard anybody who could actually do anything about it say that...including the President,  who hasn't said he favors it.  My Dad saw to it that we boys had and could use guns.  Our girls were given the opprotunity to have them and declined.  Our nephews have  them.  Have them just like you have rocks in your head.

I don't know how you classify me as a "guy like" whomever, but your constant presumptiousness over how you just simply know what somebody.... me...or the President...or The Man in the Moon......or anybody... is going to think or do or seek to acheive simply because they don't side up with you on  politics or dogma is really low.

My apologies, glad to see you on the right side of this issue.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: DHS to purchase 7,000 assult weapons

Our govt is NOT criminal but good luck with it anyway.  See you on the front page!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Unpopular

I suggest that you separate the needs of law enforcement from the issues over gun control. I know, I know....it's hard to do. Perhaps you prefer Homeland Security to go up against the thugs so called "Assault Weapons" with pistols? You hate those guys that much? You wish Bush had never created DHS?  Are you afraid of Homeland Security? Think they are coming after you? Maybe you don't think the Navy Seals should have them either? Should they have gone after OBL with pistols just so you too could whip them if they wanted to go after you and your buddies should you decide to become a terrorist and overthrow "the tyrant?"

Actually, these weapons are good for their defense and not ours. We don't fight the same people & crime organizations and I don't want to see any of them killed so you can say whatever it is you are thinking.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Unpopular

@KNAPPer wrote:

I suggest that you separate the needs of law enforcement from the issues over gun control. I know, I know....it's hard to do. Perhaps you prefer Homeland Security to go up against the thugs so called "Assault Weapons" with pistols? You hate those guys that much? You wish Bush had never created DHS?  Are you afraid of Homeland Security? Think they are coming after you? Maybe you don't think the Navy Seals should have them either? Should they have gone after OBL with pistols just so you too could whip them if they wanted to go after you and your buddies should you decide to become a terrorist and overthrow "the tyrant?"

Actually, these weapons are good for their defense and not ours. We don't fight the same people & crime organizations and I don't want to see any of them killed so you can say whatever it is you are thinking.

Is the life of a DHS agent worth more than any other civilian? Why do they need these weapons for protection but not the rest of us? What makes you think they are any more of a target than any home owner who may face the exact same thug looking to rob them of their property?

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Yes, people who work for the government are more important than us peasants.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Your hatred has consumed a wee bit more brain power than you had.   Poor sick babies!

bruce MN
Advisor

Been kicking around the possiblity of going down to Ft. Meyers again to catch a little Spring Training.  Have considered driving...taking some off the freeway grid roads to see some places we've never seen before.  So. indiana might be right on the shortest  "as the crow flies" route. 

Sure as heck hope we don't run out of gas out in front of your place.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

I have fallen into your mindset snookums. The gov't deserves AR15's and I don't. The Gov't needs them to protect themselves and I don't. Logical conclusion in your world Gov't is more important than us. Where did i go wrong snookums?

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I have a very interesting book about doing that--Blue Highways: A Journey into America by William Least Heat-Moon.  He travels around in a VW bus. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Been kicking around the possiblity of going down to Ft. Meyers again to catch a little Spring Training.  Have considered driving...taking some off the freeway grid roads to see some places we've never seen before.  So. indiana might be right on the shortest  "as the crow flies" route. 

Sure as heck hope we don't run out of gas out in front of your place.

Bruce, if you get close let me know. Would be glad to buy lunch and spend a couple of hours visiting. I have lived along a state road for 25 years. Have helped many motorist with flat tires and empty gas tanks. Have never taken the first penny in return. I always tell them "I have been where you are, I know how you feel, and I have been helped. Have a good day."