Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Re: That is your problem Taylor

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1976377/posts

The police have no duty to protect you.

Because of lower revenues many police forces are reducing the amount of peopleon force/patrol. My own county does not have any one on patrol from 1 am to 5 am. Yet they are here to protect me?

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

Re: 3020 & Taylor need to become informed.....

Out of all the terrorist attacks in the US you use the one that was obviously right-wing, interesting, what about the rest of them? Unknown or leftwing? The problem is that left wing groups also commit terrorism, yet our gov't think that the most fearful ones out there are rightwing, hmmm...the left is in charge watch out for the right. Sounds like the communist witch hunts back in the 50's.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

"you folks" think government officals are armed to protect themselves. They are armed to protect you and me and they venture into hazardous duties in our name. On the other hand youwant to be a self appointed green beret functioning iin our society with a target drawn on those evil doer gubbermint men.

I swear you chaps are so irrational that you shouldn't be able to own and bear arms. That is what back ground checks are for to keep the nut cases from having guns. With your logic you don't qualify.

If some one comes crashing through the front door the DHS will not be there to "offer" their protection, then it is up to the home owner to defend themselves and their family.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Save it Snook. 3020 knows he is blowing hot air. His home is at sea on the Mexican border and heavily armed drug lords attack him regularly. No kidding- it's true. Besides, if he wants an assault weapon, all he has to do is go out and buy one, one hundred or however many he wants and can afford. It's completely legal and probably will be for a long time because Congress will do nothing. Besides the real threat to 3020 is defending against the people who might take his 5 gal toilet and make him use LED light bulbs. The dude knows what I have posted but his vanity prevents him from admitting I have a very good point and DHS faces completely different threats than he or any person does at home. It's hot air and bravado.

You seem to forget the second amendment protects my right to keep and bear arms. It is none of your business what or whom I choose to protect. You want to criminalise my right to an AR15. If you don't want one don't buy one.

Samnospam
Advisor

The police are not there to protect you, they are there to enforce the law.
Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

As most police forces are reactive not proactive.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

I picked an attack that was germaine to your post.  You remember, the one with the ex-military profiling.  I didn't bring up anything left or rightwing.  You did!

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

If you are really so worried that Sen. Feinstein's "assault weapon ban" will really happen, go buy one NOW!  Anything already owned will not be touched.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: DHS to purchase 7,000 assult weapons

Why did she write her bill to include grandfathering ALL guns already owned??