Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: If they were proactive

you would already be in jail!

Samnospam
Advisor

Yep, no reason to fear progressives wanting to round up the opposition, that's just crazy talk.
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: DHS to purchase 7,000 assult weapons

With registration, background check, tax. Registration - confiscation - isolation - elimination.
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: 3020 & Taylor need to become informed.....

Knapper; these people do not look at stats. If they did they would understand that studies keep showing that a home with a gun or guns in it is more dangerous than a home with none.

Studies keep showing more homicides and more suicides in homes with guns AND the homicides are not from invaders to the home but around 3/4's of homicides by gun are by people known to the victim, indeed around 1/3 happen during a family argument.

Think there was a case recently where a man was charged after he threatened his teenage daughter with an assault rifle after she got a B grade in her school work.

So the point is the threats to them and their family is from their own guns NOT from others.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

The dangers they face are no different than the danger any home owner faces when there is a home invasion.

That is where you are wrong.

Look at the stats and they show the dangers you face are from having a gun in your house not from an invader.

Stats show that 3/4's of victims from guns know the perpetrator, 1/3 happen during a family argument and only a very small % of 2-5% are by those bad druggies or gang members.

If you insist on keeping guns then you should know the risks that you and your family are under.

It is a risk, not a benefit to your safety.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re: same reason bitten and obammy need them

even cumo wont give them up WHY --now wanna debate or run

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

You are the forgetter

3020, correct me immediately if I am wrong, but....the Feingold legislatin does not take away anyone's guns or magazines - you can keep whatever you have. Look at the proposed legislation. If it passes, which it won't, then and only then would you be forbidden to purchase a NEW one. If I understand right you could still buy a previously owned one without a thorough background check. Magazines over 10 rounds would still be the same.

I wouldn't get too worked up over Homeland Security getting 7,000 rifles. I am pretty sure American Citizens, your militia, buys that many in a day, every day except Sunday and some then. You are free like I said (and you didn't seem to get) to go buy as many "assault" weapons as you want. No kidding - you can do it right now and even sandbag your home, put up barbed wire and store up on food and ammo. It's all legal and nothing will prevent you from doing what you want. Show me anything REAL that indicates otherwise.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Don does not always see the ramifications of what he says.

I'm wondering though...Why doesn't that Taylor guy get himself a gun and protect his own house rather than hoping the police will do it for him? What is his big obstacle? Does he hate the police because they are not his own personal security detail? My city doesn't have police on duty at night, but I think I have security pretty well under control at my residence.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: You are the forgetter

@KNAPPer wrote:

3020, correct me immediately if I am wrong, but....the Feingold legislatin does not take away anyone's guns or magazines - you can keep whatever you have. Look at the proposed legislation. If it passes, which it won't, then and only then would you be forbidden to purchase a NEW one. If I understand right you could still buy a previously owned one without a thorough background check. Magazines over 10 rounds would still be the same.

I wouldn't get too worked up over Homeland Security getting 7,000 rifles. I am pretty sure American Citizens, your militia, buys that many in a day, every day except Sunday and some then. You are free like I said (and you didn't seem to get) to go buy as many "assault" weapons as you want. No kidding - you can do it right now and even sandbag your home, put up barbed wire and store up on food and ammo. It's all legal and nothing will prevent you from doing what you want. Show me anything REAL that indicates otherwise.

They also have to be registered and you have to be finger printed, just like a common criminal. And it won't stop there. Feinstein has said her goal is the confiscation of all guns, all she wants is a list of where they are. Why would she waste her time introducing the bill if it has no chance of passage. Any legislation introduced has the ability to pass if we the people do not demand it doesn't.

As far as availability, yes, one can buy them now, because there is no ban. What about the people who wish to purchase one 5 years from now once there is a ban? Their right to keep and bear arms has been infringed up on. Something the Constitution says the government has no right to do.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

The dangers they face are no different than the danger any home owner faces when there is a home invasion.

That is where you are wrong.

Look at the stats and they show the dangers you face are from having a gun in your house not from an invader.

Stats show that 3/4's of victims from guns know the perpetrator, 1/3 happen during a family argument and only a very small % of 2-5% are by those bad druggies or gang members.

If you insist on keeping guns then you should know the risks that you and your family are under.

It is a risk, not a benefit to your safety.

You can make statistics say just about anything you wish. Just because you know the perp doesn't mean the gun can not save your life. Also every time some home owner with a gun takes out a criminal there to do him or his family harm he has taken away the risk for the whole community. Also the great thing about this country, if you feel a gun is a threat to have in your home you are free not to have one.