Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

And further proof

that democrats hate the bill of rights.

Greenwald on the suit:

The DNC’s suit, as it pertains to WikiLeaks, poses a grave threat to press freedom. The theory of the suit – that WikiLeaks is liable for damages it caused when it “willfully and intentionally disclosed” the DNC’s communications (paragraph 183) – would mean that any media outlet that publishes misappropriated documents or emails (exactly what media outlets quite often do) could be sued by the entity or person about which they are reporting, or even theoretically prosecuted for it, or that any media outlet releasing an internal campaign memo is guilty of “economic espionage”

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/20/the-dncs-lawsuit-against-wikileaks-poses-a-serious-threat-to-pre...

bruce MN
Advisor

Re: DNC lawsuit against Trump campaign

Used the Federal Government?

The suit was filed 3 Days after the break in.  The 5 guys were hired by the people (private citizens) leading up the re-election effort.

They weren’t Federal agents or govt. employees or functionaries.

Where do you get this stuff?  Was that a quickly disseminated meme after the announcement.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: And further proof

Sam, if you or I had information stolen from our computers that included personal or business info would we be allowed to press charges against the people who stole it?

Is that not the same as if our car or tools were stolen and then someone else tried selling them, would they not be guilty of selling stolen goods AND if they knew it was stolen then they would be charged too.

Is our private info different from our other possessions?

hardnox
Advisor

I suspect that WikiLeaks is in the clear if it is proven that they weren't the thieves. The operating theory is that "Russian hackers" stole it and then turned it over to WikiLeaks.

I'm pretty certain that if the Failin' NYT published purloined crime data from the Trump organization a lot of tunes would change.

I'd love to see the timeline on that.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: DNC lawsuit against Trump campaign

Lol.

It amuses me to no end that Trump was surprised that the election didn't automatically make him dictator*- there was more work to do. Thus far it has proven frustrating.

*granted, on behalf of (fleecing) The Folk.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Greenwald covered that in his piece.

Even to civil court standard, it will be exceptionally difficult to prove who stole the DNC emails.   And they've got allot of dirt that will be drug out.  Unless as I said in another post they've got a corrupt judge on the hook. 

hardnox
Advisor

Of course we all know that the Russians stole them in collusion with the Trump campaign. Trump bragged about it on 5th Ave. and the zombies loved it.

We just haven't yet directly linked the effort to Trump, and may not to an actionable degree.

As far as WikiLeaks go, I'm doubtful as to how far that gets.

hardnox
Advisor

there turned out to be remarkably little of note in them, including the duplicate copies that triggered the Comey announcement.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

yea, we just know

hardnox
Advisor

all but the most willfully oblivious.

Which is a substantial group- I'll give you that.