Did you mean: 
rawhide
Advisor

Dag Nab It

4 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Dag Nab It

I can see it now, the government will issue vouchers so those that don`t have 5 bucks can also lobby their congressman  Smiley Happy   What I`ve heard is a e-mail to a congressman is kind of the lowest influence, then a call, then a written letter but if you stand up at a townhall meeting that really gets their attention they know if you`re that fired up, you represent thousands of others.

I wonder if they see a lobbyist that was individually bought for $5, they won`t just eventually just roll their eyes.

rawhide
Advisor

you missed the point BA.  it's math.  Population of state X 20% ( people that will sign up) X 2 senators X $5 = mucho dinero.  Just practicing my spanish-will probably need it.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I sent my district's State Senator an e-mail day before yesterday about some concerns I have on healthcare changes in our state. He e-mailed me right back and said he would look into it and asked for my phone number. Yesterday he called me and we discussed the legislation. Cost $0.00. BA will want to know my point, so the point is that we should all contact our congressmen when we have concerns lest our voices be lost to the lobby. If you stay quiet, guess who gets heard? A lot of voices together can trump high dollar voices......sometimes. I have to say that I have had pretty good luck wit even the US Congressmen acknowledging messages I have sent. I think when they get more or less spammed by cheap tactics, I would hope they don't listen much.

Samnospam
Advisor

I've call the reps and senators nervous times in the past, never to any result.