cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

Re: Be thankful what the govt does for you without all the constant complaining.

Its hard to defend the indefensable farm subsidiers programs!      .I just read you telling everyone I'm doing my patriotic duty  buying  and riding around in shiny equipmentt that the govt helps me buy  and keep  with varios govt  payts and ins  programs..   Have a good year I hear farm income could a all time high this yea,r if not , there is always  Uncle Sam to help.       

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Re: Dancing in the blood, squawking and bleating, us vs them. Grow Up!!!

@BA Deere wrote:

Well Canuck, you could choose to listen to your family cry for the 1/2 hour before the cops got there to possibly really bungle things up. Seriously Canuck, I couldn`t live with myself choosing that option, a 1/2 hour is a long time. You say in Canada there`s more crime in rural areas, I don`t disagree. However "here" the crime is in the urban areas and bleeds into the country. "Home invasions" are not uncommon, a presumed wealthy family is invaded, held at gun point, the wife is sent to the bank to withdraw the maximum amount, daughters are very unlucky in this situation. Long story, short the whole family ends up dead with the womenfolk dying last. To answer your post about not wanting to live in Arizona, I disagree. The people in the crowd acted very bravely. If that is the "wild west" no one pulled out their gun. That crowd was "sucker punched" but reacted very well, they tackled the perpetrator, stopping further loss of life. I would be proud to live in their town.

BA I was just asking if your idea of where crime is worst is based on stats or just an illusion.

I know Toronto our largest city with I am not sure how many million people has a lot of murders but per capita is not the worst place to live.

And again I ask how often does the scenario you present happen? I think your chances of winning the lottery are greater.

And what I was pointing out is having a gun will not prevent it from happening if it ever comes down to that or improve your chances.

I have related before the case of acquaintances who woke in the night to sounds of someone in their house.

What they found was an intruder with THEIR rifle in his hands.

They spent several hours at the beck and call of this person until he finally dozed off after they prepared him a meal.

They were then able to get the gun away from him and call the police.

You are being paranoid about something that is highly unlikely to happen, greater worry should be fire or CO gas in your house. Did you change the batteries in your sensors? Would make more sense than loading your gun.

The people in the crowd did not pull out guns and start shooting, that is what I was indicating would be the worst case scenario.

If everyone was 'packing' there would have been far more people shot.

What your armed forces call collateral damage.

BA Deere
Senior Contributor

Re: Dancing in the blood, squawking and bleating, us vs them. Grow Up!!!

Hey Canuck, home invasions will get worse, as the economy sours, I don`t think certain elements of society will willingly reduce their standard of living. You can claim it`s a far fetched senario and that is just fine, if you don`t break my arm or lift my wallet I won`t throw cold water on your senarios either. I`m just following Barack Obama`s advice, I don`t want to face the future by "Bringing a knife to a Gun fight" Smiley Happy.  I can tell you exactly why crime is higher in the Canadian rural areas as opposed to it`s cities and why crime is higher in American cities.......Do you really want me to? I`d be breaking a New Years resolution of not posting anything racial on here this year  Smiley Happy Aw Hell it`s only the 12th of Janurary like I won`t be breaking that resolution by February anyway Smiley Very Happy 

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Re: The race excuse

@BA Deere wrote:

Hey Canuck, home invasions will get worse, as the economy sours, I don`t think certain elements of society will willingly reduce their standard of living. You can claim it`s a far fetched senario and that is just fine, if you don`t break my arm or lift my wallet I won`t throw cold water on your senarios either. I`m just following Barack Obama`s advice, I don`t want to face the future by "Bringing a knife to a Gun fight" Smiley Happy.  I can tell you exactly why crime is higher in the Canadian rural areas as opposed to it`s cities and why crime is higher in American cities.......Do you really want me to? I`d be breaking a New Years resolution of not posting anything racial on here this year  Smiley Happy Aw Hell it`s only the 12th of Janurary like I won`t be breaking that resolution by February anyway Smiley Very Happy 

So BA you figure this gun is for the future, eh!

See I think you are wrong more guns will bring a future full of guns and guns bring more violence.

That makes at least as much sense as your claim that the cities are where all the problems are coming from and your inferred connection to race which I take to be pointed at your black fellow citizens.

Now I know I can find stats to show that Toronto has a much less murder rate than rural and particularly northern Canadian jurisdictions. Now Toronto has the most visible minorities and the north has the greatest concentration of 'native Canadians' so the easy excuse is to say all those natives are the problem.

That is the easy excuse, the obvious answer from the raw numbers.

Now Mr Greenhouse claims I do not understand the complexities in the world so maybe I am wrong but I think the reasons for this stat in Canada is the people of the north are for the most part 'poor' in financial terms. They are forced to live in poor housing in crowded conditions, many can not find employment and it is certainly more difficult for them to get a good education.

Now what part does that all add to the mix? And I did not even get into the alcohol/drug problems that many have.

Your worry about a home invasion is still a paranoia not as big a risk as fire or Carbon monoxide and I bet driving your car is the biggest risk to you and your family.

Your gun will not help in any of these situations and is unlikely to help in a home invasion either.

BA Deere
Senior Contributor

I have too much will-power to reply, it`s tempting though Smiley Happy  Maybe after Monday`s big celebration  Smiley Happy 

r3020
Senior Contributor

Canuck, you forget one thing. Our Constitution guarantees our right to keep and bear arms.