cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Darwin was wrong!

It now seems that Darwin was wrong about humans being descended from 'monkeys', Evidence now indicates we have a common ancestor that looks more like a human than a 'monkey'

Monkeys appear to have developed their specialized features from a human like ancestor rather than humans developing from monkey like ancestors.

"Analysis of the new fossil shows that the shoulder and rib cage are different from those of chimpanzees. "These findings further confirm what we concluded from the 'Ardi' specimen — that chimpanzees have undergone a great deal of specialized evolution since we shared a last common ancestor with them," co-author Owen Lovejoy of Kent State University told the National Geographic Society."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010/06/22/skeleton-ancestor-humans.html#ixzz0s3PwVDrc
Listen to a story here 
13 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Darwin was wrong!

Darwin was wrong on a lot things. God is the only way. Choose God before it is too late.

Honored Advisor

Re: Darwin was wrong!

Hey Canuck, throwing Darwin under the bus isn`t anything new. I`ve studied the "dark side" (mostly researching arguments with you Smiley Happy ) and the anti-Goders have been wanting to move past Darwin for quite sometime. This is a example of why it baffles me when athiests say science has proven with metaphysical certitude that there "is no god". Those guys are always finding new things and changing their ideas. The Word of God remains constant. 

Veteran Advisor

Re: Breeding Down

It would appear that humans have chosen to breed down to lessor specimens in the past.

It continues to this day, in the inner cities (for the most part) of the world.

Just like breeding cattle, or anything else under the sun..... if you seek the lessor to mate your genes with, you will get the net results.

Senior Contributor

Re: Not under the bus!


@BA Deere wrote:

Hey Canuck, throwing Darwin under the bus isn`t anything new. I`ve studied the "dark side" (mostly researching arguments with you Smiley Happy ) and the anti-Goders have been wanting to move past Darwin for quite sometime. This is a example of why it baffles me when athiests say science has proven with metaphysical certitude that there "is no god". Those guys are always finding new things and changing their ideas. The Word of God remains constant. 


First BA I do not think anyone is 'throwing Darwin under the bus' just fine tuning the sequence of evolution. New info gives better insight into how things developed in the past. Indeed, I am not even sure Darwin actually said we developed from 'monkeys' but rather that we are closer related to them than other animals.

The new info seems to indicate that 'monkeys' as we now know them originated from the same line that humans, as we now are, came from. 'Monkeys' just developed different bones and muscles to help them climb and live the way they do.

I would be interested to know who says "science has proven with metaphysical certitude that there "is no god"." I do not believe it is possible to prove something does not exist. Since it is not there how do you know or prove that it is not.

Science and knowledge is a growing and changing field.

Just think if everything stayed the same as when your bible was put together 1700 years ago then we would not be here in North America since no one would have discovered it, from Europe anyway.

The Romans might still be clinging to the last of their Empire and we would have no internet to discuss this on.

Science has to keep looking for new info and filling in the holes in our knowledge or we, as a human species have no future.

Senior Contributor

Re: Darwin was wrong!

Hi Jim;

I would not say Darwin was wrong on a lot of things. He certainly did figure out evolution, although others knew this before, he was brave enough to state the facts against the incorrect beliefs of society at that time.

At that time he just did not have all the info that mankind has amassed now to fill in all the gaps. New discoveries continue to fine tune the theory.

Sorry but you are wasting your time preaching to me about god. I have looked at the world in a logical way, sort of like Spock might, and I just can see no reason to 'believe' in any super natural god with NO evidence of such a thing.

Hope you are getting enough rain but not TOO much as radar keeps showing heavy rains rolling through south of our border.

Senior Contributor

Re: Breeding Down

I fail to see the logic in your argument.

Humans are continually getting more intelligent. Just look at what mankind can do now that was not even dreamed of just a few hundred years ago. And go back a couple thousand years and see how much we, as a species, have advanced.

Remember it takes a large gene pool to be sure of the success of any animal going on into the future since we never know what different situations might develop that we as an organism might have to adapt to and the human gene pool is quite small.

Senior Advisor

Re: Jim Ia

Good to see you back, have missed your post. Without Christ not only is life out of focus, so is a country.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Breeding Down


@Canuck_2 wrote:

I fail to see the logic in your argument.

Humans are continually getting more intelligent. Just look at what mankind can do now that was not even dreamed of just a few hundred years ago. And go back a couple thousand years and see how much we, as a species, have advanced.

Remember it takes a large gene pool to be sure of the success of any animal going on into the future since we never know what different situations might develop that we as an organism might have to adapt to and the human gene pool is quite small.


Let's say that you have a national champion Holstein cow....best there is.  You breed her with the best performance bull that exists and just about 100% of the resulting calves, will also be of national championship quality.

Take that same cow and breed her with a low grade Longhorn bull and the resulting calf I wouldn't even want in my herd.

You get the point.  Everything is relative with genetics.  My brother is rated with Mensa at 188.  If he were to mate with someone who has a hard time figuring out which finger to pick their nose with..... their resulting children would probably be of middle to lower in IQ.

In the inner cities, you see lots of genetic defects walking around claiming that they are "humans" and could not think their way out of a wet paper bag.   ..... Seen lots of them in Chicago when I was there once.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Not under the bus!


@Canuck_2 wrote:

@BA Deere wrote:

Hey Canuck, throwing Darwin under the bus isn`t anything new. I`ve studied the "dark side" (mostly researching arguments with you Smiley Happy ) and the anti-Goders have been wanting to move past Darwin for quite sometime. This is a example of why it baffles me when athiests say science has proven with metaphysical certitude that there "is no god". Those guys are always finding new things and changing their ideas. The Word of God remains constant. 


The new info seems to indicate that 'monkeys' as we now know them originated from the same line that humans, as we now are, came from. 'Monkeys' just developed different bones and muscles to help them climb and live the way they do.


I would venture a guess that they would be very good at playing basketball, too. Smiley Wink