cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Dear Terry Branstad

I haven't heard you talk about the illegal immigration in the state of Iowa.  Muscatine is little Mexico and there are other enclaves of illegals in the state.  Some are from Eastern Europe.  What are you going to do?

State taxes on property  keep rising and the state keeps increasing teacher pay while education has gotten worse.  What are you going to do about the rising property taxe?  What are you going to do about actually making education better, raising teacher wages isn't  the answer, all you get is better paid teachers and higher taxes.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Dear Terry Branstad

Hey Wehav, just my 2 cents. Branstad will be 80% of Vander Plaats.......if we elect good Republicans to hold put his head in a vise to do the right things. Of course Branstad like most politicians would just love it if we all had mass amnesia on the Mexican issue. This is why it`s up to us good folks to give him a backbone.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Dear Terry Branstad

Do you really think Bumstead will take on the Iowa teacher's union? Think he will drop or at least hold the line on state taxes? Think he will change laws regarding gay rights or illegal alien work rules? How about abortion and woman's right to chose rather than life over choice? If you believe he will do any of the above hot button issues of Iowans, you are in lala land. Just look at his past governorships. His record is clear, and unless he had a "come to Jesus" meeting with himself, electing him will guarantee  none of the above happen. I think Vanderhoosits would have tried, and maybe a few inroads could have been made of some serious issues, but certainly Bumstead is a fake. He is a RINO, and you guys have been preaching to throw the RINO's out of office for a couple of years, and,  NOW YOU SUPPORT BUMSTEAD????!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Good Observation

You have a correct observation of the situation.  Branstad has a backbone like that of well cooked linguine.  He will go which ever way that the winds blow him.

That is why ALL of the down ballot elections are SO important, much more important than if Vander Plaats had won.  If we are successful in taking back the House and Senate in Iowa with REAL Conservatives, he will have to go along with the bills they pass.

We MUST make sure that Branstad will lay his limp backbone over on the right side of the isle.

The ball is in Branstad's court. If he thinks that it is just fine and dandy to piss on the Conservatives of the Republican Party and tell us that it is just raining..... he can expect us to encourage Bob Vander Plaats to run an independent effort to become governor.

Branstad's LG pick does have strong Conservative credentials....and if she has the backbone that Terry does not, she will speak on those issues and persuade Branstad to have a "coming to Jesus" moment, and support doing the right things.

Like I said, ...... Terry Branstad will determine what happens next.   Conservatives will not just line up behind him, just because he told us to.

Terry Branstad and Chester the Budget Molester will grind each other up, via the TV airwaves, to compost.  By fall, everyone will be sick of both of them, and the Knight in Shinning Armor in the form of Bob Vander Plaats, to be the vote for "None of the Above" and win by flanking maneuvers.......if Branstad does not smell the coffee, this is what is going to happen.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If you think the LG will influence Big Terry once he is elected governor, you have fallen off the hay wagon and hit hit your head on the concrete. He picked her for the exact same reasons Mcain picked Palin for his running mate. Just fluff milly.

Your repubby RINO pick for gov must be very hard for you to swallow. Better talk Vanderwhoots into running as an independent, or you will end up staying home election night. I'd hate to hear of you breaking your rule and voting FOR a RINO

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hey 4WD, what makes you say Branstad is a RINO? I know us V.P. supporters said alot of "primary rhetoric", that was a campaign now it`s time to reconcile the family squable and come together for the good of Iowa. I know Terry raised taxes.....but show me anyother governor for 16 yrs, during that time that got by without. He left the state with nearly a $1 billion surplus. Terry`s a nice guy, half Norwegian and half Jewish....in other words you can`t find a tighter combination with the purse strings Smiley Wink. Being a nice guy he will need some pushing on doing the right thing on social issues, but I`m sure he`ll do just fine.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Time Will Tell

Time will tell how things sift out through the summer and into the fall.  I can see the tone already on the airwaves that the Terry and Chester war will chew up both of them.  The only way that Branstad wins is by working WITH Real Conservatives to do what needs to be done.

Kim Reynolds has more pull than 4-wd thinks that she does.   She grew up in Truro, Iowa (SE Madison County) and she came down.... even while the state convention was still in session, to march in the annual summer parade in her hometown of Truro.  I was down there to march in the parade for Kent Sorenson..... we were the biggest unit of the whole parade.  There were 38 of us marching for Kent, in a small town parade, and his opponent didn't even show up.  Kim Reynolds can see that we are a force to be reckoned with, and not over looked.   She will tell Terry Branstad how big of a force we are, and to pay attention to us.

Kent and I talked about her, and he said that if anyone will get Branstad to do what is right, she will.  I hope that he is right.   One thing that I could see, is that she is indeed, not a bunch of fluff.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You guys are a piece of work. One of you says Bumstead the tax hiker is not a RINO due to his heritage blood line, and the other of you says his LG is a truely sensitive to Iowa conservatives and will influence Bumstead once elected governor. Sounds to me like you both have already spun some sheet out to see if it will stick!   Are you repubby conservative guys hypocrites or not?

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hilary said nasty, true things about Obama in the 08 primary,  do you call Secretary of State Clinton a hypocrite ??? The infighting of a primary makes for better candidates. You Demogogues should look into that, then you wouldn`t be stuck with Chester the molester. Terry can and will run on his record, which isn`t too shabby...being relected THREE times and all. Brass tacks.........I would run on Terry`s record hands down over Chet`s pitifull 4 years.