cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Decree by twitter

Big al, I don't ever remember asking if I was gay. As to 20's remark, I still don't understand what "Ze yes ze" means. If you were asked that question, there must have been some question as to whether you were or not!!
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

schnurrbart:    What is meant by ze?

One refers to a person with ze and hir or zir typically (a) when their gender is unknown, and one wishes to avoid assuming their gender, or (b) when they are neither male nor female in gender, making he and she (and also either/or terms like s/he or (s)he) inappropriate and potentially hurtful.

3020 is using the term itself as a hateful gesture to anyone on here or elsewhere that he wants to slam.  Again, his use of the term itself is highly inappropriate on this site.

Tick Tock.....BONGx8!!!!!!!!

Jen

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Oxford students to use gender neutral 'ze' instead of he or she

PTI | Updated: Dec 11, 2016, 09.50 PM IST

LONDON: Oxford Universitywants students to use the gender neutral "ze" instead of "he" or "she" when addressing fellow students.

One of the world's leading educational institutions has outlined the new guidelines in a students' union leaflet as part of a move to prevent transgenderstudents being offended, The Sunday Times reported.

Deliberately using the wrong pronoun for a transgender person is already an offence under Oxford's behaviour code.

In a move set to be imposed at Cambridge University too, students hope the use of gender neutral pronouns will be extended to lectures and seminars. 

"Gender neutral pronouns are good...It should happen in lectures, too," said Franky Sissons, a transgender student at King's College, University of Cambridge.

Last month, an Oxford college became one of the first to introduce gender-neutral lavatories marked with a new symbol.

St Catherine's College, which hopes the move will be replicated across the university, unveiled the new lavatories with a sign combining the familiar scientific symbols for male and female.

Here is a case, where EVERYONE at Oxford was encouraged to use "ze", because it then singles NOBODY out.  But here on this site, 3020 uses it to demean others that he doesn't agree with.  Oxford's use, was well meaning.  3020's is quite the opposite.

Jen
r3020
Senior Advisor

So if a drill Sargent wants to be called ze it's hateful to do so? What if he wants to be answered ze yes ze but the new recruit refers to him as sir yes sir? Then the next day maybe he wants to be referred to as mam.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

If the drill Sargent required the entire platoon to use the ze pronoun, and not the traditional he/she, then it would probably be appropriate.  If the Sargent said, "You shall refer to me as ze", then yes, that too would be OK.  If the recruit referred to him as, "Sir, yes sir", in my book, it could lead to disciplinary measures.  Point is, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, deserves the respect to be referred to as THEY WISH TO BE REFERRED TO.  

And you should know.  How did you like it when we ALL started to call you T - - - Y?  Not very much, I would guess, since I was told by the upper management here that if I did it again, I would be booted.  But for you, it's different.  You, Millie, and BA seem to be able to call anyone anything you want, at anytime, and NOTHING EVER HAPPENS TO YOU GUYS.  Millie even had a whole tag system stored up - his entire list of demeaning words, just in case he forgot to use his entire list now and then.

But you 3020, you use it in as many derogatory ways that you can think of.  And they are all bad, and demeaning to the person that you throw it on.   And the worst thing....that is the result that YOU ARE HOPING FOR!!!!   You found a way to slam someone, without getting kicked off!!!   

It's quite obvious, really, that this is a Republican site.  I suspect those of us that are liberals, are simply allowed to post here for the entertainment of the right.   I didn't realize, that all farmers needed to be Republican....

Jen

r3020
Senior Advisor

If the guy wants to be referred as ze he does not have the mental capacity it takes to train troops to face the life a death situation of combat. If a recruit is emotionally disturbed enough that he doesn't know if he is a man or a woman he doesn't have the mental capacity it takes to face life and death in a combat situation. He is a danger to himself and all who serve in his unit.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

You seem to draw a lot of conclusions about knowing what a person is and is not capable of.   My guess, is that you have no basis at all for the claim that you just made, other than, "I know this is true."

Knowing what is true and what isn't by what you were taught 30 years ago, or what your own "common sense" tells you, especially when it comes to gay and transgender, is probably very skewed.  Your bias against these groups is very much on display here daily.  If the truth be known, you would prefer to be more like Russia, and have this segment of the population "removed from society", by any means necessary.  Maybe, you and our so called president and the rest of his followers would find a better life in Russia.  But even they aren't back the 50 years that you desire.....

Jen 

r3020
Senior Advisor

This isn't about me. This is about the preparedness of the US military.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

First of all you don't refer to a noncommissioned officer as "Sir" or "Mam"! But of course, you wouldn't know that. I have the name of a Navy SEAL I can give you and you can tell her your theory about mental capacity face to face!!
AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

And these people are supposed to be some of our smartest? We are in real trouble folks!!!