cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Defiant Obama pushes on

vows to represent the two thirds of Americans that did not bother to vote and disregard the recent election results.

Earlier the big 0 made a  joke about a white house cake being laced with "crack". Do we assume a connection? Michelle made one of those "icky" faces when Barry made the joke, so at least she doesn't see anything funny about crack cocaine, and what it has done to the poor blacks in America.

What do you do with a guy like this that cannot be contrite and learn from elections? Bill Clinton managed to concede that he was wrong on the mood of America and basically changed over to being a conservative as he signed virtually all of Gingrich's "Contract for America" into law, including a defense of marriage provision and dismantling the welfare mentality of multi-generational families on the dole.

Bama, on the contrary, wants to double down on his failed policies and is claiming that the election is now not about him, even though the annointed one said that was clearly going to be the case a week ago. Boehner warned him that if you play with fire, you will end up burning the house down. What's going to take to get the guy to grow up? Impeachment?

I think Barry wants impeachment and to become the victim. 

22 Replies
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Defiant Obama pushes on

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The next 2 years are going to be very interesting.  Dems will argue that the past election was a signal to "work together" ...but if 60% of voters didn`t care to vote "Meh" they obviously don`t care, also the lie campaign that the Democrats orchestrated against the Republicans DID NOT WORK, voters were not frightened enough of the Republicans to vote against them. 

Though Don is still on the meme with his "Boo hoo hoo do you saps have enough in savings to retire? I`m sooo concerned for you Boo hoo hoo the Republicans are going to cut your social security Boo hoo hoo.  Me? Oh I`m smart as hell, I been buying land, I`m sittin` good."  Smiley Happy

I think we may see Obama mentally crack in the next two years and turn into a recluse.  Can`t be impeached/kicked out for obvious reasons, all at one of the most dangerous times in the world`s history when we really do need a leader, NOT a petulant little twerp.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Defiant Obama pushes on..Don Quixote?

Probably isn't going to be too hard to get ten votes for overrides from this batch of disgruntled US Senators, either.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/midterm-disaster-rips-apart-awkward-ties-between-obama-and-se...

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Yeah, about Donny and his land purchases...what has been good for Donny (and Red) has been disastrous for the country and SS recipients as the devaluation of the US Dollar has both made land assets perform amazingly well, and made the value of the average SS check diminish.

I pay the max in SS most years and my mother gets a check for about $500 so I really don't have a dog in that hunt right now. Not like a triple dipper like Don who wants it all.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Who knows, the Republicans may pick up 10 more senators with Democrats switching partie`s.  Then there will be 60+ votes against Obama.

Looks like we`ll have to help Dairymom and Don and Schurrbart to pack   Smiley Very Happy

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Speaking of triple dipping...

A guy like Sally that gets SS, military retirement, postal retirement, IRA disbursements, 401K checks, money from the rich wife....what do you call a multiple dipper past the triple phase?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/01/triple-dippers-60000-veterans-collect-disability-benefits-socia...

Or was Sally stupid before his hitch in Germany so that doesn't qualify as a disability?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Speaking of triple dipping...

**bleep**! I shouldn't have turned down that hearing loss disability from the VA! Hey, steelyhead, did you forget that only one of those "entitlements" was not paid into by me with my earned income and the other one was paid for by my years of service. You really shouldn't be jealous. it isn't good for you.
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Won't need much help after a couple years of repub control. Won't have much left but thanks for the offer!
OKdon
Senior Contributor

It was a topic of discussion, jackass, that should have been of interest to most farmers that are approaching that age. Perhaps in their forties or fifties. It's a topic on those tv commercials on a daily basis. The time to prepare is now if not before and people barely making a living wage don't have the ability to build a financial empire.

Secondly, we do have political party that wants to declare war on the elderly and cut entitlement spending as if that wouldbe good for the economy or society. If you have less to retire on, do you want your ss check diminished or your medicare insurance privatized?

About buying land. While some folks think and Ira is a great retirement plan but a land purchase has distinct advantages. Land throws off income on a annual basis. The mortgage interest is tax deductable. C an you borrow $1million to buy shares of Appleor berkshire and deduct the interest. Your ira requires that you take benefits at age 59 and your farm realestate can remain intact indefinately. You don't have to liquidate part of it. Just keep going as usual.

So you and red will gain nothing from my thoughts because you both already know everything. However, I thought there might be some folks that might benefit from something an old curmudgeon might have to say.