cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Speaking of triple dipping...

So you don't think veterans deserve their benefits. They went to fight in foreign wars while you kept your sorry ass out of the line of fire. You don't think seniors deserve their benefit after they have paid in for 60 years but you haven't paid in for half of that time.

Your  a petty little man Mr. Steele.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Defiant Obama pushes on

What do you do with a guy like this that cannot be contrite and learn from elections? Bill Clinton managed to concede that he was wrong on the mood of America and basically changed over to being a conservative as he signed virtually all of Gingrich's "Contract for America" into law, including a defense of marriage provision and dismantling the welfare mentality of multi-generational families on the dole

Ha Ha Ha!! Tell us again how that worked out for ya'!  2 yrs. later the GOP was a shambles!!LOL!! Go get'em GOP, I'll bet money, chalk, or marbles, that lightening will strike twice! As they did then, they will do again! They can't help themselves, what's worse this time? Tea party crack-pots!! So, go get 'em GOP!! I can't wait!!

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: Speaking of triple dipping...

Hey, it's assholes like him that have somehow convinced themselves the Vets don't deserve it, or people like, Don, that have paid for it! What a sorry POS!

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Ought to mention a little about timimg in your land dissertation. 

hardnox
Advisor

Oh calm yourself, Red.  It is true that pro rasslin' requires that some percentage of the observers actually think there's a contest but it is  a lot more fun to sit back and watch them along with the show.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Impeach an elected president who hasn't committed an impeachable offence!!!!!

That is why you are in opposition.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

History WILL BE VERY harsh with him. He is only heaping the coals upon his head.
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

"Your gonna hate NOvember! LOL"
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Just so you know, this election was a real joke, 36.6% of the eligible voters, voted, NO MANDATE. And what you think elected them isn't even close.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I agree with you on buying land, however as Sam says "what about your timing?" ..Those that just got done buying most of their land for $12,000 +  and had to borrow money or have to start borring for their inputs...was that smart?  Maybe, time`ll tell, but right now it doesn`t look near as smart as it did 2 years ago.

In the 40`s Dad would tell stories of one guy that saved up $10,000 and he thought he was going to retire like a king.  After a few short years, his $10,000 was gone and he had to come out of retirement and back to work, things just got too high...even back in those days.  Also back in those days Dad stuck his neck out and borrowed for his first farm, another friend said "I`m saving up and I will never borrow a nickel to buy a farm"..well 10 years turned into 20 and 20 years turned into forty and that friend never did buy a farm, all he had was "federal reserve notes" that lost their purchasing power.

Saving and watching it grow though the interest that you recieve has only worked one time in history and i`m going to type in caps so Nox is sure to see this :  BACK WHEN PAUL VOLKER WAS FED CHAIRMAN AND POLITICIANS WERE DEADLY AFRAID OF INFLATION, YOU COULD GET 10%-20% RETURN FOR YOUR MONEY JUST SITTING IN THE BANK.  The old `false teeth clickers` stuck a million of their moldy money in the money market and if they played it right they tripled or quadrupled their money, thanks to Paul Volker...cash was king in the 80`s.  Some I`ve heard of had money locked in for 18%, long after rates came down.

But for buying land, if you bought in 1978 you probably went broke, if you bought in 1987 up to 2005 you probably did good.  After that your crystal ball is as good as mine.