cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Deficit solved by Krugman

Kill the old people and take their money.

Kill the old people and take their money. Tax everything.

"Here's the key excerpt:
"Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes. It's going to be that we're actually going to take Medicare under control, and we're going to have to get some additional revenue, probably from a VAT."

I'm betting Kraft loves this guy.

9 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Deficit solved by Krugman

Did you watch the segment on ABC that is lifted from, or just get some paste up alert from one of your alert sources? (Oh, I see..I just clicked on it.... Newsmax. The Pravda of  American wingerhood.)

Check out the context it's from and then get back to us.

HIs response to being quoted :

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/death-panels-and-sales-taxes/

And I'm shocked, simply shocked that this wasn't alerted out an on here by noon yesterday. Could it be that  it's simply not what your sniper work here makes it out it to be?

FWIW Krugman is in about a 2% minority of the recognized economists on what the govt. and the Fed and others with power to do anything should do on the economy. No self-preserving politican from either party in Congress or The White House is going to take any of his, or others in that little speck of a camp that he's got his tent pitched in, advice and apply it to policy.

The major banks and their most favored, domestic and international both, accounts are going to continue to run the show and we'll all get the bill. But when it comes due, you won't be able to be pin it on any liberal or progressive (or TEA  PARTY for that matter if you actually understand what is really going on) policy suggestions or demands. We are all going to continue to "dance with what brung us".

Senior Contributor

Sometimes I think you are a reasonable person, however most of the time that perception fades quickly when you reply in the above manner.

If you haven't listened to the interview then you might not have heard it AND it certainly won't be repeated on MSNBC or CNN.  In addition Krugman is the darling of you on the left.  He represents the thoughts of  your people and your people are still in power.  No doubt the American people will make the mistake again and he is counting on that mistake. 

With regard to being in a minority, everyone knows by now that the country is run by minorities.  Illegal aliens vote and hold rallies with the backing of Democrats, African Americans are a minority but run Washington, gays are a minority but have gained rights unthought of by the Greatest Generation.

I believe things that are posted about people if they come from sources that I don't agree with if they are reasonable and they site their source.

But then I'm a conservative (basically) and am open to new ideas and opinions.

Senior Advisor

What rights to gay, black americans or Illegal immigrants have that you don't have. Do they have alouder voice than you and your probusiness corporate buddies? Are the blacks or gays ploughing in billions in campaign funding to political campaigns. I think you will find that government is pretty well owned by the folks that bought them. And it sure as hell ain't blacks gays or illegal immigrants.

Veteran Advisor

@wehav wrote:

Kill the old people and take their money.

Kill the old people and take their money. Tax everything.

"Here's the key excerpt:
"Some years down the pike, we're going to get the real solution, which is going to be a combination of death panels and sales taxes. It's going to be that we're actually going to take Medicare under control, and we're going to have to get some additional revenue, probably from a VAT."

I'm betting Kraft loves this guy.

That kind of thinking has led to things like this in the past.... given enough time, will grow to be commonplace and part of the "New Order":

Kikes of the city of Kiev and vicinity! On Monday, September 29, you are to appear by 08:00 a.m. with your possessions, money, documents, valuables, and warm clothing at Dorogozhitskaya Street, next to the Jewish cemetery. Failure to appear is punishable by death.

—Order posted in Kiev in Russian and Ukrainian, on or around September 26, 1941.[115]

[O]ne after the other, they had to remove their luggage, then their coats, shoes, and overgarments and also underwear ... Once undressed, they were led into the ravine which was about 150 meters long and 30 meters wide and a good 15 meters deep ... When they reached the bottom of the ravine they were seized by members of the Schutzpolizei and made to lie down on top of Jews who had already been shot ... The corpses were literally in layers. A police marksman came along and shot each Jew in the neck with a submachine gun ... I saw these marksmen stand on layers of corpses and shoot one after the other ... The marksman would walk across the bodies of the executed Jews to the next Jew, who had meanwhile lain down, and shoot him.[115]

Senior Advisor

Kraft beleives in government action to benefit our citizens. Unlike you I beleive we need to pay for it.

You on the other hand like big government, spend like crazy and borrow the money to pay for it. You want to keep people's pay check low and nearly slave labor rates and you expect them to find enough ready cash to pay the government bills while you favor lower taxes and want to avoid or postpone them. After you have postponed your taxes for decades, then you want to die tax free. Thus you have wisely passed your share of governmental expense onto the working poor who show up every day for work and at the end of the week they take their tax dollars out of their paycheck. So they don't let worker postpone their tax payments. Nope they won't even wait until the end of the tax year to collect. But you don't even want to pay your taxes even  after you're dead. Nope! You want a free ride in america, just like Exxon-Mobile and GE that paid zero income tax in 2009 after piling up billions in profits.

Veteran Advisor

I freaking watched it in real time. Since they brought on Chritaine Amanpour the ABC Sunday morning news and roundtable program is so far superior to Meet the Press, Face the Nation and FOX News Sunday that it's not funny.

I watched it and have it recorded.

Krugman is NOT the darling of the left. He's a very considerably minority voice in a big sea of babble over these fiscal and monetary issues we are facing. I tend to disagree with him more than agree, as I don't ever feel that he seems to have a very good pulse for how conditoins are actually affecting the little people. Seems to be one of those academics who feels that if the proper polices are adopted then things will heal themesleves. But that is sorta the nature of the beast that is the economist. .There is alot of that on both the left and right. BTW. Just read the deficit reduction proposal and all of the extreme reactions that are abounding out there from both ends of the spectrum.

And you have to be intelligent enough to have understood that when I said he was among a "minority" OF economists that I wasn't referring to his race (caucasian), religion (Jewish)  or economic status (rich), but rather that he represented a very unpopular and roundly discounted view, aren't you?

And don is right...what the hell power do any of those people or groups of people  have? Are you seriously convinced that you, whatever race, creed or status you may be face intstitutional discrimination based on any of those factors?

And where do you get the idea that there is some consensus on sexual orintation among members of the "greatest generation"? Homosexuality wasn't something that was invented or conjured up by boomers, or Xers or millenials. It actually was members of that generation who were probbly among the first to make an effort to come out into the open. I personally knew people from that generation, who if there were alive today would in their 90s and 100s, who were most certianly homosexual and are probably smiling down today at the gains that society has made in tolerance and inclusion.

.And I'm sure that African Americans everywhere will be glad to know that they "run" Washington.

Veteran Advisor

Now...there wehav...

...lies a "reasonable person".

Veteran Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

What rights to gay, black Americans or Illegal immigrants have that you don't have. Do they have a louder voice than you and your pro-business corporate buddies? Are the blacks or gays ploughing in billions in campaign funding to political campaigns. I think you will find that government is pretty well owned by the folks that bought them. And it sure as hell ain't blacks gays or illegal immigrants.

I guess that you are kinda outta the loop, Don.....  Here is just one that is buying elections in Iowa.... He is a homosexual activist in Colorado by the name of Tim Gill. (However, his big bucks did not seem to buy him much success in Iowa, this "go around".

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1606679,00.html

Veteran Advisor

Craig...nice try at subject jumping... but since you got us here, go back and read what don said to wehav again and then come back and tell us what rights Mr. Gill has that wehav doesn't have.

And isn't he doing what you baggers and wingers are always saying that America is all and everything about. That being, using his resources as he sees fit.