cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Democrat plan

After watching as much of the DNC as I could gut, I have come to these conclusions.  The "middle class"  should have a job that will support their family....that will give them dignity and help them comfortably endure

this thing we call life.  We should be very happy and satisfied that we are allowed to exist this way, nothing more, nothing less.  Everyone is equal, everything is fair, and no one is exceptional.

27 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Democrat plan

We must have watched different telecasts. Democrats have nothing against exceptional people, wealthy people or industry. They do however have something against never giving someone a chance to become exceptional or even middle class. You should have taken off your bias glasses. For example, after watching the RNC, I do firmly believe that Republicans care about the poor and the middle class. I believe that they are going with a plan that they think will work with the best of intentions. I just don't agree with their strategy for giving people a chance to get there. You should have a similar philosophy, but for some reason SOME PEOPLE think that Democrats are up to some sort of communist evil. It's not enough for SOME PEOPLE to disagree with democrats. It has to be that democrats are Communists, Nazis, totalitarians or some other evil. There is no evil and you should be satisfied with disagreement. But I'm wasting my time I am sure.

Senior Contributor

Never said dems have anything against exceptional people.  The message I got is you should just settle and be satisfied with existing.

Senior Contributor

Re:when it is gov overall

it is communism plain and simple and demorats tkink gov should do all-and pay anyone who doesnt want to work

Senior Contributor

Re: Demorats hate the wealthy

and anyone WHO HAS EXCELLED IN THEIR FIELD-or why do they want to punsih them all the time

Senior Contributor

Is this the latest thing Limbaugh is talking about? I don't think this is what the message was. Did you really listen to any of the keynote speeches? I could quote a lot of the speeches fr4om the DNC, but I'll stick with what Obama said to frame my argument since you can't say he does not represent Democrats.

Tell me how your assessment (being satisfied with existing)  squares with these exceprts from Obama's acceptance speech. How do these things match or equal being "satisfied with existing"?:

"You know what? That's not who we are. That's not what this country's about. As Americans, we believe we are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights – rights that no man or government can take away. We insist on personal responsibility and we celebrate individual initiative. We're not entitled to success. We have to earn it. We honor the strivers, the dreamers, the risk-takers who have always been the driving force behind our free enterprise system – the greatest engine of growth and prosperity the world has ever known."

"But know this, America: Our problems can be solved. Our challenges can be met. The path we offer may be harder, but it leads to a better place. And I'm asking you to choose that future. I'm asking you to rally around a set of goals for your country – goals in manufacturing, energy, education, national security, and the deficit; a real, achievable plan that will lead to new jobs, more opportunity, and rebuild this economy on a stronger foundation. That's what we can do in the next four years, and that's why I'm running for a second term as President of the United States."

I'll just throw this in for the heck of it  - I know it's not on subject...

"We draw strength from our victories, and we learn from our mistakes, but we keep our eyes fixed on that distant horizon, knowing that Providence is with us, and that we are surely blessed to be citizens of the greatest nation on Earth.

Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless these United States."

Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Is this the latest thing Limbaugh is talking about? I don't think this is what the message was. Did you really listen to any of the keynote speeches? I could quote a lot of the speeches fr4om the DNC, but I'll stick with what Obama said to frame my argument since you can't say he does not represent Democrats.

Tell me how your assessment (being satisfied with existing)  squares with these exceprts from Obama's acceptance speech. How do these things match or equal being "satisfied with existing"?:

"You know what? That's not who we are. That's not what this country's about. As Americans, we believe we are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights – rights that no man or government can take away. We insist on personal responsibility and we celebrate individual initiative. We're not entitled to success. We have to earn it. We honor the strivers, the dreamers, the risk-takers who have always been the driving force behind our free enterprise system – the greatest engine of growth and prosperity the world has ever known."

"But know this, America: Our problems can be solved. Our challenges can be met. The path we offer may be harder, but it leads to a better place. And I'm asking you to choose that future. I'm asking you to rally around a set of goals for your country – goals in manufacturing, energy, education, national security, and the deficit; a real, achievable plan that will lead to new jobs, more opportunity, and rebuild this economy on a stronger foundation. That's what we can do in the next four years, and that's why I'm running for a second term as President of the United States."

I'll just throw this in for the heck of it  - I know it's not on subject...

"We draw strength from our victories, and we learn from our mistakes, but we keep our eyes fixed on that distant horizon, knowing that Providence is with us, and that we are surely blessed to be citizens of the greatest nation on Earth.

Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless these United States."

Obama said that? I'm surprised the delegates didn't boo him out of the stadium.

Advisor

As Joe B. said "This is a big ###### deal."

I have to admit that I did watch the Obama speech after having vowed not to.  Held off on Clinton and looked at snips and the transcript but was in the chair and it was late in the evening and somebody else had the remote control.  Found out later that the Yankees-Orioles game that was on MLB was one of the best of the season and wished I'd recorded it.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's necessarily a high risk move or not but more of a calculation.  It appears to me that the Democratic campaign has made some determination or other that they are going to win.  Romney is likely to encounter some sort of huge blow-up or implosion over the nagging issue fo his finances.  Sen. Reid has probably assured that (with his soft voice and decrepit physical conditoins, Harry Reid might still be one fo the meanest and orneryest S.O.B.s you've ever seen in public sevice). And Ryan is Reggie from the Archie and Veronica comic book series.  There can't be one person who went to public school in this country that didn't have a Reggie/Paul Ryan **bleep** in their class who couldn't get the brown off of the end of his nose.  In many, many cases that same guy, if he stuck around town has had something to do with the real estate or secondary finance business or the local chamber of commece and is immersed in whatever granting of franchise, abatement of taxes, circumvention of zoning that has transformed the local business and employment scene to erode and lose all connections to local propritorship.  Too slick and greased back for the little people to really warm up or hang on to.

That all said, I seriously believe that the Electoral count looks certain enough for the democrats to make the calculated move to have each of the three grown men who spoke over the past couple of nights to go straight down  the social and cultural checklist.  Even Clinton, who signed repressive legislation on some of those matters.  Marriage, women's health and chioce/contraception, more public funds for education, environment/climate,  meaningful immigration reform that leads to citizenship. The whole nine yards.

I beleive the thinking is that if they win and teh Congressional seating doesnt erode on them that those matters will be for all practical purposed settled.  Which will push the radicals who lead the movements on teh other side of them back to the shadows along the edge of the woods, with no political capital.  The plutocracy has tolerated and at times funded their activism but I can't see  how they will much longer, with noting in it for them.

The economic progressives are mad as hell at the Democrats, with no where else to turn (see the Moore piece that Taylor totally mis-interpreteted or he never would have put it up here), and should be.  I''ve been since Clinton signed all of the crap he did 15 years ago.  So for them, all there is is hope for some improvement, which in the end will most likely look better to them than almost assured facsism, at worst, or catostrophic unattended cultural failure.

A solid B+, from a grader who wasn't expecting much.

Senior Contributor

Yes, that was directly said by Obama. And the crowd cheered.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: turdy twenty

You guys have done your damnest to hang some preverted handles on democrats and their representative. Perhaps we are not as awful as you have painted us to be. Most of us are capitlists in our own right with some degree of success.

Most of us think that the road to national prosperty includes a healthy work force with money to spend. Your war against labor is a war against yourself. People without money can hardly buy the stuff you sell an that is true up and down mainstreet.

You folks have a nasty habit of evaluating the worth of someone from the outside looking in. WE appreciate success but request that the affluent don't receive preferential treatment from the tax code.

I would be content if Romney or Buffet or Gates paid the exact same rates as I do. Sure it would cost them more money, but it wouldn't be any more painful than my rates are to me. It is simply not just that they have the political influence to make the tax code favor them.