cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Democrats are going to cut social security

I read that the Democrats are going to cut social security benefits and rase taxes.  I thought the man elected to the presidency said we'd get a tax cut and I thought the Democrats said if we voted for Republicans they'd cut social security.

Wait, that's righ many of us voted for Republicans and now the Democrats are going to cut social security just like they said.

20 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Democrats are going to cut social security

You`ll see more of this, they`ll have to also start in raising the retirement age. The ponzi scheme is coming apart at the seams.

Veteran Advisor

The demoçratics were promising a "chicken in every pot", whereas we won't even have a pot to piss in, soon enough.

(maybe they said that it would be "some Pot for every Chicken")

Senior Contributor

aren't I shocked at no reply from Bruce, Kraft, gough, schnurrbart

I was certain they would be telling me I was incorrect, it's all a misunderstanding or the Republicans are forcing this on the Democrat majority.

I know that they aren't going to say Obama lied or the Democrats lie and have forever on the subject of Social Security and taxes.

How do you know if a Democrat is lying (other than his lips are moving)?  He/she says he/she will cut taxes.

Senior Contributor

Re: aren't I shocked at no reply from Bruce, Kraft, gough, schnurrbart

In the next couple of years you will see many more cuts coming down the pike as the realization sets in that federal spending is out of control and putting our country closer to the edge of financial disaster.  Obama and Dems will begin to realize just what the balance sheet will read by the time the 2012 elections roll around.    I'll also predict Repubs running for re-election in 2012 will use this as a big part of their campaign stradegy and ads even though they themselves used little restraint in governmnet spending when they were in charge.

Advisor

We need entitlement reform.  One Democrat here who has been saying that for years, long before I was the least bit aware of or familiar with Barack Obama.

Massive entitlement reform...which I'll be the first to admit is not popular with many traditional caucuses within the Democratic party. But it's a mess...rivaled only by the public pension disasters that are looming in many states. Democrats are going to have tough arguments to make that aren't going to fit very well with the conditions on the ground. I'm fully expecting that some of these really big and serious problems are going to be laid in the laps of neophyte Rebublican legislators in D.C. and Statehouses all over th country come January, after the upcoming elections. Gods speed to them.

What we don't need is privatization of Social Security. Which is the only real entitlement reform to have been suggested by the GOP leadesrship while they were in power (Hell, the teabaggers don't want Social Security....or Medicare, for that matter..."messed with"). One can only imagine what the banksters and the other money changers might have gambled with those funds had they been given access to them.

Gotta get this book:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31510813/#37882833

Senior Advisor

I haven't heard anything until just now and I know you aren't a reliable source. You could be a little patient because most of us do not spend every waking moment waiting to read one of your moronic remarks. In fact we are doing you a favor if we even read one.

Senior Advisor

Bruce, the only entitlement reform we got so far is Obama care.

Honored Advisor

This may be overly simplistic, but had the politicians left the "Lockbox" alone  social security would be just fine today and in the future.

Advisor

Did you vote for Gore in 2000? He campaigned with that as one of his "promises".

I didn't beleive him for a second and voted fro Nader. Looking back at the waste and decline and failure to tackle big problems over the past decade he may have been the closest thing to a classic conservative we've had run for ages.