cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmilligan1958g
Senior Contributor

Re: Disingenuous or grossly ill-informed

@rsbs wrote:

https://townhall.com/columnists/gavinwax/2020/03/07/democrats-choose-certain-electoral-defeat-on-sup...

I think it's a hoot that the best the Democrats can come up with is Joe Biden.

Whoever the elitist ruling class chooses as Vice President for Plugs will be who is promoted in 2024. They are just trying to keep it from being a blowout. Even if Ruth Buzzy Ginsberg gets replaced by a true conservative by Trump, the Leftists will pack the court with 15 justices if they get back in, some unfortunate day. 

It’s almost becoming a sport, watching the write for chickens and produce RW journowannabees mansplain the Sanders situation. 

GOP should make the possibility of that happening a key point of the Dennison and all of the Congressional campaigns. 

I’m fairly certain that not many people are aware of that being something that could happen, or how simple it would be to accomplish. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

rsbs
Esteemed Advisor

Simple?

Bruce, if you believe that packing the US Supreme court would be something simple to accomplish, you really are clueless.

Probably as clueless as King George was in understanding the American psyche back in 1776.....you know the Americans that actually made the country rock and roll back then.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: Simple?

@rsbs wrote:

Bruce, if you believe that packing the US Supreme court would be something simple to accomplish, you really are clueless.

Probably as clueless as King George was in understanding the American psyche back in 1776.....you know the Americans that actually made the country rock and roll back then.

They'd have to take the Senate of course, but they could do it.  In the backlash republicans Would likely take back the Senate and executive and what do they do but pack the court again.   A stupid escalating spiral of national suicide.  The dems with their impeachment stunt showed they are careless enough to do it.

rsbs
Esteemed Advisor

Sam, many decades ago someone told me something about taxation and it still rings true. People will give up about 25% of what they make for income taxes and keep working. Once you try to tax people above that rate, like you would have to do to institute the kind of welfare utopia Sanders, Bruce, Nox, etal want...they either quit working, or go underground.

Smart people understand that and go forward with policies that are workable, based on that simple understanding. Only simpletons think that you can tax a population of American workers to fund the idle ones here.

But I know....Sweden, or Norway, or something...right.

Democrat pols aren’t driving the bus. Their hand is essentially being forced.

Mich McConnell has been at the wheel since he held up the Garland nomination and dropped the filibuster requirement. Nothing that Democrats in Congress might propose could be anywhere near to as radical as those moves.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

More radical than packing the supreme court?  Are you mad?

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Mitch McConnell has been at the wheel since he held up the Garland nomination and dropped the filibuster requirement. Nothing that Democrats in Congress might propose could be anywhere near to as radical as those moves.)

Well, except Harry Reid and the Democrats initiated the dropping the filibuster for all but SCOTUS, only because no SCOTUS picks were open at the time, so I guess you would call that radical as well.

Unfortunately, probably would not confirm any SCOTUS and few Federal judges anymore with the filibuster in place as our parties are too divided.

I don't remember a lot about Garland, however he seemed like a descent man and very qualified for the SCOTUS just like Kavenaugh & Gorsuch were, and Garland did get a raw deal by being blocked, but let's not pretend that the Democrats would not have done the same thing in the same situation.  I hope Garland get's another chance by a future Democrat administration and speaking of radical, I know that he will not have to endure what Gorsuch and especially Kavenaugh had to endure by the democrats and their cohorts in the mainstream / liberal media, during his nomination process.