cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Democrats to Iowa "Forget you!"

Too many blondes w/ blue eyes in Ioway.. with all their low crime and quality of life.   The Iowegians just ain`t "down for the struggle", gotta take away their first in the nation caucus to punish them for getting it right.  Give it to gritty South Carolina.   A little strange because Iowa was stupid enough to first put their seal of approval on Obama (a case could be made that Iowa made the presidency possible for Obama)  Buh-bye Dems and fuuuuuuck you too!

20 Replies
Packard27
Senior Contributor

Re: Democrats to Iowa "Forget you!"

The administration of the Democratic Party’s 2020 Iowa caucus we so mystifyingly mismanaged in every phase of its execution, an outsider is left to wonder whether it was done intentionally. 

In an age of...oh, I don’t know...ordinary landline telephones, how hard is it to do a simple head count from just 99 counties? Really, how hard is it? Just how incompetent were the 2020 Iowa caucus administrators, their chosen vote tallying software, and their local caucus leaders? Or, if not deliberate sabotage, were the national and Iowa Democrats just too insufferably inclusive, diverse, equitable, and woke for their own good?

[Dirty little secret of national politicos: America’s MSM, the bi partisan Washington DC establishment, and Wall Street donors all loath the notion of being politically beholden to backwater Iowa, its country bumpkin citizens, it cold winter weather, its lousy restaurants, and the stage coaches needed to get into and out of Des Moines. The less said about insignificant Iowa, the better.]

Good to hear from a couple of Iowa Democrats.

Got any idea what “Donald Kraft might say?”

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Don was pragmatic.  i`m sure he`d have full faith in the Democrat picked starting with South Carolina, who he would eventually vote for in the general.  You know, I would not be totally shocked if it came out that Don didn`t waste his time voting, just was happy when the Dems won.  Perhaps the last time he voted was for LBJ, that would not surprise me.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Look at the bright side BA. You won't have to listen to 10% of the political adds you used to hear.

As for Kraft/Iowa

I’ve noticed and become seriously bemused by recent posts here from little Steve Kings BA and rbs memorializing and channeling Donald Kraft.

Over a couple of decades here I surely developed a strong personal relationship with the late Mr. Kraft. On the forum and off platform via email. As well as with his fellow NC Iowan “dagwud”, a classic conservative. 

They’ve both been gone since back in the Obama and Tea Party days. 

I think often while reading here what they might have had to say about Dennison, MAGA and the Jan 6 insurrection.

You guys…..Geezus.

Don was active in his County party. He voted.

Like I said….gezuss

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Really, just what do you expect?

Iowa is so Red now that it doesn't make any difference who wins the Iowa Democratic primary so it doesn't much matter what the Iowa Democrats think. 

Besides, what do you care who the Iowa Democrats vote for in the primary, you aren't going to vote for them anyhow.  What you should be concerned about is the message it sends, namely the decline in Midwestern political influence.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I did not major in "Don Kraft 101" I can tell you over the years as a kid I heard "Roosevelt Democrats" go on tirades and I`d ask so are you gonna vote for Carter? and some would say something like "I haven`t voted in 30 years, why would I want to break my record?"   I bet Don did vote, but like I say it wouldn`t totally shock me if he didn`t. 

Rick, to be honest about it since Iowa has the caucus system and since last process in Iowa was a "cluster" for the Democrat`s counting, I don`t blame them for moving to SC.   Iowa might not be the best place to start the Democrat picking process.  

3020, I actually love the political ads and attention that Iowa gets, I mean we`re in Iowa what else is there for entertainment than having politicians come around groveling every 4 years?  😀

It’s actually New Hampshire that is grinding their axe. 

I haven’t seen where Iowa Democrats are all that shook up.