cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Did you watch Dr. Phil this am

It was about sibling arguing, fighting and hurtful remarks. It reminds me of this forum where all the disgusting exchanges go on. Iknowyouguys hate democrats or socialsts or communists as you prefer to call us. I don't prefer to call you nazis but fascists seems to be appropriate.

Obama was not the worst president in history, not even close but that wasn't his fault is was your fault because his acheivements were remarkable when you consider the loyal opposition was the most disloyal opposition in history. You forget the brink of disaster thiscountry was on 7 years ago. The banking system in collapse. Businees downsizing and closing and 800 k layoffs every stimking month. That wasnt Obamas doing that was the allknowing righties that drove us into the ditch. Yet some of you still don't want the banking system regulated by sensible rules.

So back up a bit and look how our situation changed from seven years ago until know. Who honestly cannot say that their has been considerable improvement. Not to mention you Iras that have returned to value that were on nearly a total collapse and so many had to cash in to pay living expenses

11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Did you watch Dr. Phil this am

Oh yeah, look how many are on food stamps, ,By the way the dems caused the housing crisis. The fall out from obama is yet to come.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Looking at the last 7 years I see that racial tension is at a level unheard of in the last 40 years.  Interest rates for retired folks are below the inflation rate.  Farm commodity prices are below the cost of production. Record number of people are on food stamps.  Record number of people have given up their citizenship.  Fewer people are working today than in 2007, 3,000,000 fewer.  Illegal aliens are entering the country unfettered and ICE employee's are told told if they don't like it they can leave rather than the illegals.  The bogus unemployment rate is bolstered by the lack of jobs and millions of people are working 2 or even 3 jobs.  Obamacare has raised the cost of health care for millions and hasn't remotely begin to cover the uninsured.  Two thirds of Obamacare enrollees are dissatisfied.  Electricity has raised in cost as cheap coal plants have been forced to shut down.  Our standing in the world as the standard for money via the dollar is about to collapse.  Our international friends have become distant and Russia is once again becoming powerful as we grow weaker.  While the old USSR could compete with us now our out of control spending is putting us in that position.  We owe more than we can repay with our 19 trillion dollar debt.  In fact this administration has raised the debt more than all previous administrations combined.  We no longer have a moral compass in America as we are legalizing drugs, destroying the family unit and even the basic concept of family.  Our education is the most expensive in the world and the results are lower than some 3rd world countries.  American kids are a trillion dollars in debt for college education and this administration is importing foreign workers to fill tech jobs with workers willing to take much lower wages.

Highlighted
Advisor

How, in your own words, did "the Dems" cause the housing crisis?  I 'm presuming you are talking about the big fallout of late summer 2008, but I suppose you could be referring to something else.  There was a huge housing crisis, as in a massive dearth of available housing in the late 1940s.  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

That pretty much sums it up wehav.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Don't you remember Barney Frank and Fannie Mae ?? Bruce.
Highlighted
Advisor

Been through it a thousand times here. Those were no where close to the cause of the crisis.  And it wasn't a "housing crisis".  It was a financial crisis caused by horrible practices on the part of lenders.

Highlighted
Advisor

Ps. One thing one might have hoped for seeing that 13 years later most of the right has finally come to grips with the sin and crime that was the Iraq War, that the wingers would in time face up to the myths surrounding the 2008 financial crisis.

Got 5 years to catch up.....

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Okay Bruce, It was a financial housing crisis because the dems wanted everyone to own a home and pressured banks to make loans to less,than qualified applicants.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

ihtractortherap,

I'd give you a kudo's if I could.  Seems no way to do that.