cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Didn't even make it a day

Man shoots 4 family members and then himself in Seattle!!!!  Come on 20 jump right in and tell me how I'm politicizing this one.  BA tell us how "no better background check or nothing else would have prevented this"!  You don't think the public is going to get fed up with this very soon???

6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Didn't even make it a day

Drank the cool aid and found out there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

Honored Advisor

I am totally serious, what new measures could`ve been in place to`ve prevented this shooting?  The family were into shooting sports, they obviously passed background checks, if you extended the waiting period to buy a gun by 10 times, that would`ve done anything.  If you limit the magazine capacity to 5, the shooter would just change magazines that much more often, if he obeyed the law at all.

There is no way to quatify whether a guncontrol law is working or not.  If you put  a specific law in and there was no shootings for a month, then it would be credited as "working".  However the next shooting they would be saying "Ah it must not be enough...better pass more guncontrol!" ..that would keep on until all but single shot .22`s and 20ga would be allowed and only with a ton of paperwork and fees.  And that would only pertain to those that follow the law.

That`s the way it is.  If it was not for the NRA, the crazies that want to ban guns would have their way.  Do you think Obama would veto a total gun ban if it was on his desk???   Like it or not Schurrbart, the Republicans and NRA was the only thin line keeping a Diane Feinstein gun ban from landing on Obama`s desk.

Veteran Advisor

So your solution is no solution and to hope that you don't find yourself in one of those situations.  Good luck!

Honored Advisor

I think that enforcing the laws that are on the books is the best that we can do.  Unless you are willing to "sacrifice safety for security"..and some/many (liberals) are.  If that is the case vote out the constitution and vote in a very structured society like Singapore, where they outlaw guns and throw you in prison or death penalty if you`re caught with a gun.  Also if you`re caught with drugs or dealing drugs, they kill you.  If you litter on the sidewalk they cane you in public.    How would that all go over in Detriot or Ferguson?

But yeah, if you want "safety" move to Singapore. 

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-2820.html

Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Man shoots 4 family members and then himself in Seattle!!!!  Come on 20 jump right in and tell me how I'm politicizing this one.  BA tell us how "no better background check or nothing else would have prevented this"!  You don't think the public is going to get fed up with this very soon???

What law do we need to pass to prevent murder suicide?

Veteran Advisor

"Safety for security"???  Do you really feel safe walking into a grocery store and see 2-3 or more Rambo wannabes walking around with their weapons strapped on??  I don't know these jerks and certainly don't trust them!  I want to feel safe in those situations.  But I'm not sure what security I would give up for safety?????