cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Doesn't get any better

My oldest just turned 5, and is old enough to go walk the gated pipe with me sometimes.  Well, the other day she got to tag along, and as we were walking back, she saw a little frog (toad, actually, but she calls them frogs).  She asked if it was thirsty.  I said I didn't know.  Long story short, she was crouched down, 'shooing' the toad to the water, the way you would shoo baby chickens back to the henhouse.    After we got the little guy to the water, she reached up, took my hand, and said in that cute little girl voice  "Daddy, tanks for hewping me get the fwog to the water." and we walked hand in hand the quarter mile or so back to the yard.

One of those little moments I think I'll remember forever.

Just thought I'd post a sweet moment about farm life, as a change from the more heated debates we sometimes get here.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Doesn't get any better

Be sure and remind her the day she graduates, better yet take the same walk and if she doesn't remember, refresh the story for her. It's going to be such a short time, trust me.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Savour the memory.

I am sure there will be and have been lots of moments that will be remembered for a long time.

Enjoy the moment because as GTO says it only lasts such a short time.

Of course when you get to be old like me you get to enjoy your grandchildren.

My youngest grand daughter will be 4 in a month and she can come out with the grandest stories and sayings.

She is off to school in September.

Leaves only one grandchild not in school and it seems like only yesterday our oldest started school.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Mate, I cannot do anything but echo those sentimnts.  Suck it in, real deep.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Mate, I cannot do anything but echo those sentiments.  Suck it in, real deep.