cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Doing Some Pondering...Who Will Branstad Pick For L.Gov?

I was talking to a friend down in SE Iowa yesterday and we both were pondering who Branstad would pick as the Lieutenant Governor?  We both thought that he would probably pick Doug Gross (the weasel) for the slot.

Who do you think that he will pick?

12 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Doing Some Pondering...Who Will Branstad Pick For L.Gov?

Craig milligan as he strives to create a ticket of the braindead to win support of the not so bright right.

Senior Contributor

Don, I wasn't going to reply, but the,"not so bright right", has to be one of the best phrases I have heard in a while!! AND IT FITS!!! Nice job!!!

Veteran Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Craig milligan as he strives to create a ticket of the braindead to win support of the not so bright right.

Do you say that with a straight face, when your party gave us Fat Boy Culver and his side Super Stupid Sally Judge?  Now, THAT is a major league joke!

Maybe Culver likes to sit in those state cars with the leather seats and Bose sound systems that he just HAD to have, last year.  He no doubt likes to visit the kitchen at Terrace Hill....he has put on at least Eighty pounds since getting the governor gig.

No big deal that he has put us in the hole so deep that we will not be debt free for many many years.....nah, no big deal at all. </sarcasm>

Veteran Advisor

Re: Looney Left

No comparison with the phrase "Looney Left" that the Left aptly deserves.

Honored Advisor

I would guess Rod Roberts, he`s young enough to groom to be Governor.  Branstad said he wouldn`t pick a baby killer or someone who thought the lovers of men`s butts should have the right to be married. Christian Fong doesn`t stand a Chinaman`s chance. Hefty Lefty Chet will be popping butterburgers at Culvers to sooth his defeat in November. A Chinaman goes to a eye doctor, the opometrist says "You have a cataract" the Chinaman says " No, I drive a Rincoln!".  Smiley Very Happy

Veteran Advisor

Steve Sukup? Doug gross never!  Rod roberts very likely. DOes it matter kinda like Sarah push over palin why did she make Mcliberal better? JR

Veteran Advisor

Re: Branstad, One-Term

The reason that it could be important is that Branstad will only serve one more term and will want to turn it over to someone else.... probably his second in command, to run in 4 years.

Advisor

How can you have debt? Doesn't Iowa have a constituional requirement for a balnced budget like most states do?

Or are you talking about bonding? I don't suppose GOP administrations or legislatures have ever participated in that, have they? I'd be interested in seeing the tables on that.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Branstad, One-Term

Milli what I meant was will the LT make the Gov any better?  I haven't really understood why we should vote for the second in command because the top of the ticket sucks?. JR