cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3 Replies
rsbs
Advisor

Re: Domino? Butterfly?

can be a life changing event. I remember hearing stories of one of my family members that had dreamed of farm ownership, was a hard working orphan and military veteran, and he lost his savings when the banks failed. He never did get to own a farm. You lose what you worked for in your youth, and it's a hard blow to overcome.

Did you read the accompanying story on that site of the couple that had planned a destination wedding in Cyprus for years, spent over 50000 pounds on it, had to spend again, and most of the 50 family members and friends were not going to be able to attend?

Not sure it was good financial judgment to start with, but I hate to see anyone lose their dream like that after they worked so hard for it.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

The leadership of "Our Military" does, as a whole, tend toward communistic views regarding the AGW threat,the value of soft power, etc.

Have even heard more than a few utterances from some highly placed folks expressing concerns over the threat of income inequality to our nation- although typically as they leave.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

A serious matter, chest puffery aside.

The recent lockup in the overnight lending facility, blowup in the primary long/short quant strategy and turbulence in bond and credit derivative markets are symptoms of the same.

There's a practical reason why Presidents have tended and to be circumspect with comments that can move financial markets, as opposed to making near daily tweets with the obvious intention of manipulating short term market action.

That's because it is dangerous, and ultimately dangerous to them. I've said that as some point The Market is going to get tired of this- that's not exactly correct- greed and self interest always trump fatigue. The problem isn't that people are getting tired, it's that they're getting hurt.