cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Don't want to crow to quick

But do you suppose Romney will take the congressional majority down with him?

What is the worst  two words in a republican vocabulary?    Speaker Palousi    lol

15 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Don't want to crow to quick

Talked to someone from  the Walz campaign in the past few  days and she said that the rumbling was becoming a bit more audible.

Also read that Nancy Pelosi told Rachel Maddow last night that it was starting to look like there was going to be some chance of that happening whereas not so very long ago nobody was even considering the possibility.

I'd wonder if all of the unhappy hard line rightwingers will even vote.  They certainly aren't happy with the greater GOP. Who knows?

A good investment tip for all of that money tha tis sitting around might be to buy up residential property in Nicurauga and Paraguay.  The ex-pat factor could be huge if Harry and Nancy get the reins back.  Just will need to remember to remind everybody not to let the door hit them in the a## on the way out.

Senior Advisor

I see the party is back behind Akin after urging him to quit. I'm guessing they would rather have an idiot in the US senate seat than a democrat. Do you suppose it will be a "legitimate" election if he wins and not "legitimate" if he doesn't.

Highlighted
Advisor

How 'bout harry or nancy?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The Democrats have done a pretty good job of hiding her seeing how she was a big reason why they lost the house a couple of years ago.  The hard line right wingers will vote.  They might not be so happy with Romney but a second Obama term would really make them upset.

Highlighted
Advisor

Boehner  and Cantor did a pretty good job of hogging the spotlight.  That's what you get to do when you are in charge.  Just as Pelosi did .  1 out of 50 people couldn't tell us who the House Minority Leader was while she was the speaker. 

I agree with you inthinking that they will hold their noses and vote for Romney but election history shows that when the base doesn't like the candidate a lot of it stays home.  Overall Dem turnout was middling at best when uninspiring John Kerry was on the ticket.

What is likely to kill the GOP is independetnts, particularly female.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I doubt that many independents are undecided. They have either decided on Obama or Romney or they have decided not to vote. Romney needs them desparately if he is to  win. If the status quo remains so Obama wins.

I can't imagine any info will swing support toward Romney. The more folks learn about Romney the less they like him. In fact i doubt even those that are pledged to support him are very fond of him. He is not a very likeable chap. No charisma at all and not inspiring.

I think this election was Jeb Bush's big chance but I doubt he could deal with the teabaggers. Perhaps it is too soon after dubya. The same old starve the government strategy won't sell again no matter who is selling it.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: america cant survive

another 4 years --just like obalm planned all the time

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Does Obama's base really like him enough to turn out in anywhere near the numbers they did in 2008?  I don't think so.  Having said that, though, Romney's chances are slim at best as much as I hate to admit it.  The upcoming debates will seal the deal for one of them. 

I'm not sure that Boehner and Cantor turned people off as much as Pelosi did.  She was arrogant with a capital A.  I would be very surprised, if the Democrats do regain control of the house, if she didn't have a challenger for speaker from her side of the aisle.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I am trying to figure out what has changed since the 2010 elections. The people voted for a change in leadership in the Congress. What has them thinking they should go back? The economy is not any better than 2010, maybe a bit worse. I have a hard time believing in the polls right now. Could the media be trying to make those  who will vote for Romney think to just throw up their arms and say it is over why vote? Something is not right here. Maybe I'm all wet. Just doesn't seem right to me. Are people lying to the pollsters?