cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Don. the debate?

How is it going? Watching baseball. I trust you guys here more than I do Chris Matthews and Brit Hume.
9 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Don. the debate?

Me too.

But watching the Daily Beast live blogs, Frum says Romney is killing him, Sullivan the exact opposite. lol.

Highlighted
Advisor

Great ball game so far. Go Tigers.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

That can't be helping Obama....the fact that there is exciting playoff baseball on tonight.  I'm recording and will watch it after supper and shower...nuetral friend on another site said they are basically yelling at each other.  I guess Biden polled well with that course of action. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: well bruce

They won't have chris mathews on suicide watch like they did on the last romney obama debate.

I don't think there is much doubt that Obama won the debate but whether it will move the polls much is yet to be seen. A good indicator is that none of the repubs ended up in the spin room tonight. Candy did a pretty good job tonight as it was difficult to maintain order.

Highlighted
Advisor

When someone is listening to a tape, count how many times Oromney repeats "Let me give you some advice, Mr. President".  He stepped on his richard with that act of humility.

When he was debating Mc Cain and the other idiots and ignoring RP four years ago he reminded me of my mothers little yap-yap running around my Lab.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: well bruce

In the end, I'd say its more of a draw.  Romney won the first half, Obama the second.  The problem is most folks become bored and switch after the first fifteen or twenty minutes. 

I can see Obama getting a bump from this one though, just because he didn't blow it.  I thought Romney seemed  a bit too physically agressive. 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I can`t see anyone changing their vote over the debate, it comes down to who you agree with philosophically with.  Both Romney and Obama were decent, I know Obama took cheap shots but nothing out of line and to be expected in a spirited debate.  I know some were saying Obama spoke for 44 minutes to Romney`s 40 minutes, but that`s just splitting hairs. Candy Crowely came off as nice and fair...I`ll have to see what Rush has to say, then I`ll know better what to think Smiley Wink  My Son and I watched on X-Box which was interactive with polls and the results, that audience was 65% Obama and 35% Romney.  The break down like "who explained their foreign policy best?" maintained that 35% to 65% split, but what was interesting when asked "should everyone be required to pay a minimum income tax regardless of income?"  46% said yes, what that tells me is a sizable part of Obama`s supporters would like to see freeloaders at least have some skin in the game.  Also on the issues of imigration and Libya, the polls showed that those supporting Obama don`t totally support his position.  Towards the end in the poll, Romney supporters must have gotten tired in always coming up in the minority so they quit answering because the final question of "who will you vote for" Romney at that time only got 25%.  Then I watch ABC to get their take, George Will is always on the money.  Mathew Dowd (Ithought former Bush speech writer) was beaming like a lighthouse "Obama won! Obama won!!".  After the dust settles it with come out how Obama flew under the radar on Libya, he said for 2 weeks it was "You Tube video" Candy, I think misunderstood when she did her fact check in thinking Obama called it "terrorism" in the debate...that will come out today.  And the fact that public oil drilling is down 40%, Romney said 50% so he was basically correct. The audience wasn`t exactly on Obama`s side, with the exception of the stupid bitch that asked "what are you gonna do about assault weapons?".

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

BA, I thought ROmney did remarkably well, taking into account the lion's den that is NY when it comes to being a republican. I would disagree with your assessment of the people that asked the questions...my take is that every one of them is going to cast a vote for Obama with the possible exception of that guy with glasses, the older gentleman, that asked the question about Libya, He struck me as undecided.

Otherwise, a woman thinking about equal rights, a black man wondering if Bama did enough for him in the last four years, a student aged woman wondering about college aid, and a Hispanic woman wondering about what the candidates are going to do about immigration reform, and Candy, the moderator that told a national TV audience that Bama was right when he was wrong. You actually think any of these people are undecided? Mitt ROmney is not going to get a solitary vote from that group.

There were no small business owners asking questions because , face it, none of us are undecided about who we are going to support.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hey Red, I can`t understand how anyone could be "undecided" in this election...it would truly have to be those of the mindset of literally looking in their wallet and select the candidate that will put one more $1 bill in there ....without regards to the future of course.  here`s the latest David Kruse commentary in which he laments on "why farmers don`t support Obama considering how well they`ve done"  http://www.commstock.com/radiobroadcasts-v2.asp   I think that as beat up as Conservatives get in the media, I`m just thrilled when there is even a modest semblance of fairness towards us.  Perhaps I suffer from "battered wife syndrome"?  Smiley Happy